Boats or planes?

Watch
LibertyMan
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I've loved planes since childhood, but I began to appreciate boats a lot more recently.

Both are amazing vehicles, and both are clever manipulators of fluid mechanics. However, to be very brief, I think that boats are cooler, because, in the end of the day, they are entirely passive systems that can transport a fuсkton of cargo without a single bit of energy used, which can't be said about planes.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by LibertyMan)
I've loved planes since childhood, but I began to appreciate boats a lot more recently.

Both are amazing vehicles, and both are clever manipulators of fluid mechanics. However, to be very brief, I think that boats are cooler, because, in the end of the day, they are entirely passive systems that can transport a fuсkton of cargo without a single bit of energy used, which can't be said about planes.
I'm not sure really. I think the speed at which planes go trumps it for me, because with things becoming more on demand, you do need the speed.. And what do you mean, without a single bit of energy used for boats??
CurlyBen
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Helicopters!
jamesthehustler
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by CurlyBen)
Helicopters!
i agree hence why i want one
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Helicopters!
They have a nasty tendency to fall out of the sky more than most other things though...
That being said it would be rather sweet rolling up to work in a Mil Mi-24 Gunship :russia::sexface:
Pulse.
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mariapops)
Attachment 570336
Boats and hoes
Boats and refugees.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ForestShadow
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Planes defy gravity
CurlyBen
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Napp)
They have a nasty tendency to fall out of the sky more than most other things though...
That being said it would be rather sweet rolling up to work in a Mil Mi-24 Gunship :russia::sexface:
If I'm in an aircraft with no engines operating I'd much rather it was a helicopter than a plane!
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If I'm in an aircraft with no engines operating I'd much rather it was a helicopter than a plane!
Do you mean for instance a stall? Helicopters don't do too well without Engines, planes have a much better chance of gliding most of the wy down..
CurlyBen
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Napp)
Do you mean for instance a stall? Helicopters don't do too well without Engines, planes have a much better chance of gliding most of the wy down..
Helicopters glide fine without an engine, and they can lose their forward speed before touching down which a plane can't!
SalazarSlytherin
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My dad is an owner of both and they are both cool really but I prefer the plane

(Original post by Napp)
Helicopters glide fine without an engine, and they can lose their forward speed before touching down which a plane can't!
Cause of helicopter's auto rotation, you can glide down easily and safely without an engine, a plane would almost certainly get wrecked unless there is an airfield nearby
milliemogs
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by LibertyMan)

Boats for actually holidaying on.
Planes for travelling as they are faster, also planes over helicopters due to comfort.
username2769500
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Neither If the person is the owner a farmer à doctor à rugby player And everything else. I think that accumulating that much stuff you must be weird.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (150)
4.91%
Uncertainty around my education (450)
14.74%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (342)
11.2%
Lack of purpose or motivation (424)
13.89%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (143)
4.68%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (185)
6.06%
Loneliness (263)
8.61%
Financial worries (111)
3.64%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (123)
4.03%
Exposure to negative news/social media (139)
4.55%
Lack of real life entertainment (167)
5.47%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (269)
8.81%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (287)
9.4%

Watched Threads