Help. Exam results not as expected

Watch this thread
Iownatarantula
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I am from a state school. I know I need 4 A's and a B to get into Vet School. However, I took six highers (one by myself) and got 2 A's and 4 B's. I'm not happy with it and now I'm worried about applying. I got an A in maths and music and a B in Biology Chemistry English and French. However, I'm taking Biology, Chemistry and English to Advanced Higher level. Please help me and give me advice.
Nessie162
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
Unfortunately with those grades you won't be able to apply to Scottish vet schools, not matter how good your Advanced Higher grades are.
Glasgow and Edinburgh both require their specified higher grades at first sitting.

You can still apply to English vet schools.
Advanced Highers are the most important thing for them as they're treated as A-level equivalents.
That's why they're a bit more lenient when it comes to Higher grades.
Take a look at their requirements, and email them if you're not sure.
Even if you don't meet the requirements given on the website, email them as some allow higher resits.
You definitely meet Liverpools and Nottinghams requirements
I think RVC allows higher resits and Bristol doesn't. But do double check as I'm not 100% sure.
Treen98
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Iownatarantula)
I am from a state school. I know I need 4 A's and a B to get into Vet School. However, I took six highers (one by myself) and got 2 A's and 4 B's. I'm not happy with it and now I'm worried about applying. I got an A in maths and music and a B in Biology Chemistry English and French. However, I'm taking Biology, Chemistry and English to Advanced Higher level. Please help me and give me advice.
If you get an offer from English vet schools it'll be for AAA at advanced higher level so you're on the right track to pick three. I'm sure you know you'll need bio and chem, but be aware that English is very time intensive (I know someone who was first in higher but dropped advanced English after a month because he simply didn't have time to do his AH chem on top of the assignments for English. Everyone copes differently of course but maybe consider a lighter subject- you said you got an A in music? Perhaps this is the way to go, provided it is accepted by the universities you choose to apply to).

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Sociology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (10)
21.28%
The paper was reasonable (21)
44.68%
Not feeling great about that exam... (10)
21.28%
It was TERRIBLE (6)
12.77%

Watched Threads