Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Boyfriend on holiday and hasn't texted me? Watch

My boyfriend went on holiday Sunday morning and the last time I heard from him was Saturday morning. I texted him Saturday evening wishing him a great time on holiday, and he was out that night so he obviously saw it, but didn't reply. Before he went on holiday, he told me he would text me once every day. He's abroad and would need to buy data, but said he would be happy to so he could text me once a day. Yet I've heard nothing.

Main reason I'm worried is before this holiday, we had been having a few problems and therefore our relationship isn't as strong as it normally is. I did see him Friday and we had a nice day out and everything seemed ok and we both said love you when we said good bye.

I was wondering if it would be ok to message his friend to see if his phone has died? I'm not sure if I'm overreacting in this situation due to feeling uneasy about what is going on with us, but it has now been three whole days since I've heard from him, and as it has gone this far, I doubt I'll hear from him soon. It's making me worried and just one text from him would put me at ease. So should I text his friend as I don't think he has turned his phone since going abroad, but I know lots of his friends have been using theirs (who I know)? I know 3 days isn't much but when he said he'd text me everyday, it's just driving me into a crazy girlfriend which obviously isn't healthy!

So should I chill out or text the friend?

ReputationRep:
    I don't see how any good will come of trying to get in contact with him.

He's away with his friends - no matter what, you messaging him either directly or by proxy isn't going to help.

Just try and get on with other stuff, and if he doesn't contact you by the time he's back - take it up with him then.
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My boyfriend went on holiday Sunday morning and the last time I heard from him was Saturday morning. I texted him Saturday evening wishing him a great time on holiday, and he was out that night so he obviously saw it, but didn't reply. Before he went on holiday, he told me he would text me once every day. He's abroad and would need to buy data, but said he would be happy to so he could text me once a day. Yet I've heard nothing.

Main reason I'm worried is before this holiday, we have been having a few problems and therefore our relationship isn't as strong as it normally is. I did see him Friday and we had a nice day out and everything seemed ok and we both said love you when we said good bye.

I was wondering if it would be ok to message his friend to see if his phone has died? I'm not sure if I'm overreacting in this situation due to feeling uneasy about what is going on with us, but it has now been three whole days since I've heard from him, and as it has gone this far, I doubt I'll hear from him soon. It's making me worried and just one text from him would put me at ease. So should I text his friend as I don't think he has turned his phone since going abroad, but I know lots of his friends have been using theirs (who I know)? I know three days isn't long but it's making me go crazy which isn't healthy.

He shouldn't have promised something he couldn't keep at the same time it is expensive texting abroad, at the same time he is on holiday and is allowed to enjoy it. I think it is a bad idea to text his friend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Main reason I'm worried is before this holiday, we had been having a few problems and therefore our relationship isn't as strong as it normally is. I did see him Friday and we had a nice day out and everything seemed ok and we both said love you when we said good bye.

I was wondering if it would be ok to message his friend to see if his phone has died? I'm not sure if I'm overreacting in this situation due to feeling uneasy about what is going on with us, but it has now been three whole days since I've heard from him, and as it has gone this far, I doubt I'll hear from him soon. It's making me worried and just one text from him would put me at ease. So should I text his friend as I don't think he has turned his phone since going abroad, but I know lots of his friends have been using theirs (who I know)? I know 3 days isn't much but when he said he'd text me everyday, it's just driving me into a crazy girlfriend which obviously isn't healthy!

I'm older and wiser now and I'll tell you something I wish someone had told me in my younger days... If someone is interested and committed to you, they will show it. It's as simple as that. Texting abroad isn't expensive anymore. There's wifi everywhere and that means a quick whatsapp message, Facebook inbox message or even a Tweet to say "hey we got here ok and I'm missing you X" wouldn't cost much, if anything. Plus it's good to let loved ones know you've reached ok. If someone doesn't do that then they are showing you their true colours. If he has parents that are still around I'm sure he's found time to check in with them. I'm not saying to end your relationship (that's your choice) but what I am saying is, don't contact him until he contacts you, then hear his explanation then make a choice whether it's something you're happy with or not. In the meantime get on with your life. Go out with friends. Book your own holiday. Be happy!

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure he has his reasons. He may have lost his phone, or it's dead and he's lost his charger or any number of other things. Don't presume the worst and try to trust him. I'm sure you'll hear from him soon enough Spend time with friends and do whatever you enjoy to take your mind off it.

My girlfriend didn't contact me for 5 days while she was on holiday with her friends, she'd lost her luggage in the airport, with her phone in the suitcase.

Spoiler:
    Show
    r.i.p.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If he's away with "the lads" and he gets caught texting you, he'll likely get grief. Just be thankful no one's sent you a photo of him doing the dirty.

Fact is, he'll likely just be getting drunk, and having too much fun, to bother texting you. I don't take my phone on holiday, what's the point? Just distracts you from the holiday.

ReputationRep:
    Any number of reasons why he hasn't responded. Don't worry about it, just let him do his thing and you can talk to him when he gets back assuming he hasn't messaged you by then.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 10, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.