Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it possible to have really attractive friends.. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Let me give you a scenario. You're single. Your friend is single. You find your friend really physically attractive and they have a great personality. But you have no interest in having a romantic/sexual relationship with them and are happy being just friends.
    Is it possible to just be friends with people you're really attracted to? (Providing you both are single)

ReputationRep:
    Provided or not provided you're single the answer is still yes imo. You don't have to act on your feelings and can perfectly maintain a healthy friendship with someone even if they're very attractive.

ReputationRep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d77-bIbfiyo

I would say yes. I have a few friends that I find really attractive but I wouldn't want to be in a relationship with them. Whether its because I don't want to ruin the friendship or I don't see myself in a relationship with them, i'm not sure. When you say attracted, do you just mean physically?

ReputationRep:
    I have a good friend of many years who, basically, "ticks all the boxes" physically and personality-wise. I find him objectively attractive, but I'm not attracted to him or have feelings for him. So yes, it is definitely possible. I suppose the most important point is the difference between considering somebody attractive and being attracted to them.

ReputationRep:
    If you both feel the same way then yes, or you might end up as friends with benefits
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Sempiternitas)
    I have a good friend of many years who, basically, "ticks all the boxes" physically and personality-wise. I find him objectively attractive, but I'm not attracted to him or have feelings for him. So yes, it is definitely possible. I suppose the most important point is the difference between considering somebody attractive and being attracted to them.
    Do you sometimes think that he has feelings for you?

I honestly do not believe a guy can stay just friends with an attractive girl or vice versa. This is just how things are, eventually, one of them will catch feelings for each other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Do you sometimes think that he has feelings for you?

I honestly do not believe a guy can stay just friends with an attractive girl or vice versa. This is just how things are, eventually, one of them will catch feelings for each other.
    I really doubt it, but then you assume too much I'm an "attractive girl". :P
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Settle)
    You don't have to act on your feelings and can perfectly maintain a healthy friendship with someone even if they're very attractive.
    It's extremely hard to not act on your feelings and still be happy being platonic friends. Especially if you're both single, it's almost impossible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    It's extremely hard to not act on your feelings and still be happy being platonic friends. Especially if you're both single, it's almost impossible.
    I would of thought this but I have quite a few single attractive friends

ReputationRep:
    Yes ☺️

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 9, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.