Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,

I am going to do MSc in manufacturing engineering and I'm thinking to go to Brunel university because I couldn't get ielts requirement although i have offered from Cranfield university (and I also missed pre-sessional classes for Cranfield.). And the problem is that after Msc I want to make Phd so i think it's important to get Msc degree from a better uni than brunel.. So, would you advise me wait one more year for cranfield or loughborough so i can prepare for ielts better? And another problem is that I'm so obsessed with my age, now I'm 26 and i don't want to lose time anymore when I think msc+phd, so should i go to brunel this september?

I'm so much confused! Pls, advise me!

Thanks!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by 21.)
    Hello everyone,

I am going to do MSc in manufacturing engineering and I'm thinking to go to Brunel university because I couldn't get ielts requirement although i have offered from Cranfield university (and I also missed pre-sessional classes for Cranfield.). And the problem is that after Msc I want to make Phd so i think it's important to get Msc degree from a better uni than brunel.. So, would you advise me wait one more year for cranfield or loughborough so i can prepare for ielts better? And another problem is that I'm so obsessed with my age, now I'm 26 and i don't want to lose time anymore when I think msc+phd, so should i go to brunel this september?

I'm so much confused! Pls, advise me!

Thanks!
    For a PhD it doesn't matter, focus on getting the best grades you can so you can get a good academic reference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    For a PhD it doesn't matter, focus on getting the best grades you can so you can get a good academic reference.
    Thanks for your answer, it will help me.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.