Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Student Finance showing OLD entitlement summary? Plus.. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey, so I have a few problems with SFE.

1. After sending my father's financial information, SFE said they 'didn't need' my mother's so I got an entitlement summary with just a loan and no grant (I'm going to 2nd year so I still qualify + we're on low income)

2. After this, I called them and they said they wanted my mother's but through the paper forms. At this point, I changed the university on my application because I decided I wasn't transferring. AFTER this, I sent off my mother's financial information.

3. The page was looking as it should, telling me that they're waiting on my mother's info etc. 2 days after sending mums info, it said my application was approved. The entitlement summary had the OLD university on it + still only a loan.

I checked the date and it was an entitlement summary that was created BEFORE sending off my mum's financial info the post. Why was my application changed but still showing me an old entitlement summary?

I called them up and they said on their end, the university was correct. They also said they received my mother's forms but the old entitlement summary was showing up after they'd received it..

Will my application be reassessed? I asked and she said it 'should' be and I don't feel very reassured.

I'm so sorry if this sounds muddled - I'm confused myself.

Any assistance?

ReputationRep:
    Bump

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Hi Captivated

Please allow more time for this to be assessed. The change your account will be proceed, then your mums evidence will be assessed.
    We will send a new entitlement letter once it has been updated.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morven SFE)
    Hi Captivated

Please allow more time for this to be assessed. The change your account will be proceed, then your mums evidence will be assessed.
    We will send a new entitlement letter once it has been updated.

Thanks
    How long will it be? I'm just worried because I start on the 5th of Sept which is really soon and if they mess up even further after this I won't have time to sort it. Especially with tuition fees because my university said they'd give ME an invoice for it in October if SFE doesn't validate it..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi, it is currently taking 15 working days to process PFF2 forms for sponsors. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carly SFE)
    Hi, it is currently taking 15 working days to process PFF2 forms for sponsors. Thanks
    It's been 19 days so far & no change. Still saying 'approved' with old university.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi,
    It should have been processed by now, as we cannot access your account on The Student Room I would advise you to call us on 0300 100 0607 in order us to check your account. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carly SFE)
    Hi,
    It should have been processed by now, as we cannot access your account on The Student Room I would advise you to call us on 0300 100 0607 in order us to check your account. Thanks
    I called they said apparently it was assessed 2 weeks ago but the two people I called before didn't even know this. I still have no new entitlement summary for this new assessment.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.