The Student Room Group

A level stationery - excercise books or file paper?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Abstract_Prism
Well what I did was keep a big A4 pad with me as well as all the folders that have the subjects I'm doing for that day. When the lesson starts I take out a piece of paper and do my work, then when the lesson ends I put it straight into the appropriate place in my folder. Keeps everything neat and tidy.

Except towards the end where I got really lazy and just stuffed the paper in my bag. That made it get quite cluttered quite quickly. Yeah... Don't get lazy.

Haha! Thanks, I'll be sure to not get lazy! I like everything to be neat and tidy so I'll use this method :h:
Original post by cboydxo
I will definitely invest in hundreds of flashcards and coloured pens then because I'm a visual learner and I bet there's so much to learn! Thanks for the advice, I will make sure to start revising from day one no matter how tiring it is! Good luck for A2 :biggrin:!!

Yes, just do an hour or two a day from the start and you WILL do good. But just make sure you stay motivated and don't 'work yourself out' up to exam time. This was sort of happening to me aha! and Thanks!! Good luck to you too:biggrin:
My Sixth Form subjects didn't give exercise books to A Level students, I brought a few of the A4 notebooks from WHSmith and put them in a binder, however for some subjects I also had large booklets so depending on the day my bag was quite heavy but notepads are way easier in my opinion.
I did Biology chemistry maths history

I would say use file paper for maths and history.

Then writing books for bio and chem
Original post by cboydxo
Thanks for replying to my post :smile: - I like your idea about having a folder per exam and splitting each exam into a few sections! I suppose you're right about a book getting disorganised with sheets after a while so I guess it's much more beneficial to hole punch them and put them in the right place in the folder!

Your idea about not taking a file to school and instead just taking the refill pads is such a good one because I was struggling to find a bag big enough to put my ringbinder in. I just have one question, if your teacher told you to look back on the work you did yesterday, what would you do if you don't have your notes in your file paper notebook? Thanks again for these really useful ideas :h:

If you have a refill pad per subject, maybe keep work from the last couple lessons incase your teacher asks to refer back to it. Or maybe, since you are doing subjects such as maths, biology and chemistry, which contains lots of little topics, you can keep the work from each topic neatly organised into the refill pad, then once finished topic place it neatly into your folder along with the rest of your work. Honestly, once you start school you'll gain experience of how your class/lessons work and what techniques work best for you. Some teachers are abit extra and ask to bring folders to each lesson, but that could just be mine as I do subjects such as English and humanities subjects. BEST OF LUCK! :smile: (also good luck with your GCSE results!)

Quick Reply

Latest