Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, I know there is a million of these, but as it turns out the un-biased views of random Internet people can be rather therapeutic!

So here it is people. The story involves:

Me
    My (female) Best friend
    The only boy I truly hate

The reason I hate this boy is because for 3 years he made my life a living hell. I don't just mean bullying, I mean complete psychological torture. He ****ed me up good and proper, I'm still recovering now. I truly hate him. I told my best girl mate all about this and what he had done because I knew he would be at a party we were going to, and I knew he would do something to try and embarrass me. And true to form he did, he spent most of the night trying to get me with a water balloon, but this wasn't for a friendly joke, this was because the party was outside and it was kind of cold and he knew if I got soaking wet I would have to sit inside for ages to dry up.

Anyway, I've now found out him and my best friend got to talking...and then flirting, and exchanging numbers, and now they might possibly be getting together. I've told her I'm ok and I want her to be happy, but I'm really not ok. I feel so betrayed...I'm really well hurt that she could even consider befriending this guy when she knows what he's done to me!

So now to the crux of the matter.

Am I over reacting?

Should I be happy she's found some one she likes?

Or do I have a right to be angry over the fact she found the only person who ever successfully made me hate and doubt myself? And she knows it.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh sorry to double post and bump, but I really need to know. Even if its just one person, I need to know what you think or this will drive me mad!

I wasn't expecting replies straight away but I also wasn't expecting it to shoot down the page so fast that nobody would see it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ][ceman)
    Yeh, I know there is a million of these, but as it turns out the un-biased views of random Internet people can be rather therapeutic!

So here it is people. The story involves:

Me
    My (female) Best friend
    The only boy I truly hate

The reason I hate this boy is because for 3 years he made my life a living hell. I don't just mean bullying, I mean complete psychological torture. He ****ed me up good and proper, I'm still recovering now. I truly hate him. I told my best girl mate all about this and what he had done because I knew he would be at a party we were going to, and I knew he would do something to try and embarrass me. And true to form he did, he spent most of the night trying to get me with a water balloon, but this wasn't for a friendly joke, this was because the party was outside and it was kind of cold and he knew if I got soaking wet I would have to sit inside for ages to dry up.

Anyway, I've now found out him and my best friend got to talking...and then flirting, and exchanging numbers, and now they might possibly be getting together. I've told her I'm ok and I want her to be happy, but I'm really not ok. I feel so betrayed...I'm really well hurt that she could even consider befriending this guy when she knows what he's done to me!

So now to the crux of the matter.

Am I over reacting?

Should I be happy she's found some one she likes?

Or do I have a right to be angry over the fact she found the only person who ever successfully made me hate and doubt myself? And she knows it.
    This may seem a tad harsh. But the fact of the matter in is that your best mate knew perfectly well what situation you were in with this lad. Yet she continued with it.

You have all the right to be angry, don't bottle it up inside.

ReputationRep:
    first of all OP, sorry to hear about the boy making you feel so down, and sorry to hear about your friend too. In my opinion you aren't overreacting. If your BEST mate hadnt known about this guy and had gotten with him it would be different but as you confided in her about your worries yet she still did this, then she deserves the criticism. I think it is a cruel thing to do even if unintentional because its almost lie joining in with bullying... or letting it carry on.. its just as bad!
    in my opinion, find a new best mate who truly has your best intentions at heart.. not just the next guy she can get with.. at the end of the day there are a milion boys out there she could have chosen instead.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you are over reacting at all, this may just be me but between my best friend and I we have some sort of solidarity that we dislike the people the other one hates and we definitely don't get overly friendly with them, I think it's quite cruel to be honest

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's fair for her to go out with him, she knows what he put you. Also, the fact is that if she goes out with him, it might mean that you can't hang out with her as much as you would normally (I'm assuming you wouldn't want to meet up with her if he was to be there). I think it's slightly unreasonable of her and if she was a true best friend, she'd understand your feelings and not go out with the ***hole.

ReputationRep:
    ive have seen this situ before, I was involved with it to...

one girl & her mates during my school life, every day they would consistantly attempted to crash me fully with insults like:

waste of space
    should be shot
    should be sectioned under mental health act
    should be in a mental home
    deserves worse than having nails hammered into his foot

that was just the verbal stuff... i sharnt go on because it gets worse!

then my best friend also a female actually started taking there side! I felt betrayed and totally helpless! I nearly had a third nervous breakdown in 12 months! Things got terrible, then i started devoloping feelings for these girls that i really really didn't want! Things got messy after that but my friend realised how upset i was getting and came back to my side! YAY!!

point of the matter is that yes I think you have every right to be angry with her, not much of a friend to betray you like that!!! this may sound slightly mean but im not suprised that your feeling angry and upset! I would be/was to!

maybe cunningly drop it into conversation with her? she may realise that she could be about to make a mistake!

HTH and good luck

ReputationRep:
    Destroy your best friend by marrying her father!...

...or you could just let her and make new friends?

I wouldn't want friends like that to be effin honest.

ReputationRep:
    Well I had it out with her and she showed me how vile and selfish she really is. I essentially "dumped" her as a friend, and then called her a jizz ****. She really is only out for herself, and I can see that now.

(Original post by Bedshaped)
    Destroy your best friend by marrying her father!...
    And then I married her father.

Thanks for your responses guys, it means alot :tsr2:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.