Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help me decide what to do with these screenshots! Watch

My sisters been lying to my whole family about sleeping with her ex whos abusive to her. He insults her body, says she loves him more than he'll ever love her, he's just an overall piece of scheiss.

Last weekend she told our family she was going to a coursemate's party in Kent, but actually she went somewhere else to sleep with this guy who my family and I supported my sister so much to leave him.

Seeing how dressed up my sister was to get on the train (she was staying overnight before the party) got me pretty suspicious, so I (admit I was wrong and I feel evil) hacked her and saw her messages saying where they're meeting and how she's lying to us and the boyfriend was laughing.

I have the screenshots of him telling her the hotel, of her saying she feels bad lying but "doesn't regret that night one bit", and talking scheiss about my family and how suspicious we are.

I showed my mum the screenshots before she came home from being with her ex, so my mum said a friend had seen her over there and try to confront her. My sister continued lying to my mum and to my face and my dad's. Thanks for reading this far btw.

I can't own up about the hacking, but she needs to know I know about this so the atmosphere can blow over

Do I...
    1) Create an anonymous FB user and send them to her, playing as A from Pretty Little Liars and let her know someone knows
    2) Send them to her in the post, even though she lives with us, so she knows someone knows,
    3) Someone help me come up with a way to let her know I know without telling her I hacked!
    Also this might be a problem, she's 20. About to start 3rd year, but our familys ridiculously close.

Thanks!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My sisters been lying to my whole family about sleeping with her ex whos abusive to her. He insults her body, says she loves him more than he'll ever love her, he's just an overall piece of scheiss.

Last weekend she told our family she was going to a coursemate's party in Kent, but actually she went somewhere else to sleep with this guy who my family and I supported my sister so much to leave him.

Seeing how dressed up my sister was to get on the train (she was staying overnight before the party) got me pretty suspicious, so I (admit I was wrong and I feel evil) hacked her and saw her messages saying where they're meeting and how she's lying to us and the boyfriend was laughing.

I have the screenshots of him telling her the hotel, of her saying she feels bad lying but "doesn't regret that night one bit", and talking scheiss about my family and how suspicious we are.

I showed my mum the screenshots before she came home from being with her ex, so my mum said a friend had seen her over there and try to confront her. My sister continued lying to my mum and to my face and my dad's. Thanks for reading this far btw.

I can't own up about the hacking, but she needs to know I know about this so the atmosphere can blow over

Do I...
    1) Create an anonymous FB user and send them to her, playing as A from Pretty Little Liars and let her know someone knows
    2) Send them to her in the post, even though she lives with us, so she knows someone knows,
    3) Someone help me come up with a way to let her know I know without telling her I hacked!
    Also this might be a problem, she's 20. About to start 3rd year, but our familys ridiculously close.

Thanks!
    Those first two options seem quite mean. I understand this all must be exhausting and frustrating for you and your family but she still needs your support here, even if she doesn't think she wants it right now. About 85% of women will go back to an abusive partner. On average, a woman will leave her abusive partner 7 times before leaving for good. It's an incredibly difficult thing. When I was a kid, I lived in a women's refuge. It's not as easy as upping and leaving an abusive partner and thinking 'thank god I'm rid'. It's often terrifying to leave them. A lot of the time they believe that they cannot survive outside of that relationship, or that nothing is really wrong and they've overreacted. It's so much deeper. It sounds like you should sit down with her, explain how you feel about her still seeing him, and tell her you know everything. If she demands to know how then you should really tell her, there's no way to get around that. Was it definitely the best idea to hack her account? No judgement here, but some may see it that you invaded her privacy and she has a right to that. You are not evil for doing it. You did it in her best interests and if she finds out, you have to try and explain to her why and have her see it from your side. It's not an easy thing to discuss, but remind her of some of the things she has had to go through with him. Be sure not to be patronising or condescending. Remember that she's an adult and has to make her own decisions. She's not in the wrong here. She just has feelings for the wrong guy. I can't imagine he would be too happy to know she had told you all, knowing you would all get involved and she'd probably leave him again. I'm sure she wasn't lying to hurt you. If it's the right time, point out some services in your area if there are any that might help her. Take her on a girls night out and have a bit of fun. I hope you guys work everything out.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 10, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.