Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How old is too old to start as an Investment banker? Is there any way of transferring into it after you have had experience in finance, or is it a proffession for the young?

ReputationRep:
    35 and a half

ReputationRep:
    Seriously?

ReputationRep:
    Question is, how old before you're too old to be giving up your weekends and evenings and working to 3 in the morning because a 26 year old VP decides they want to clock off at 10pm?

ReputationRep:
    haha very true. A lot depends on your ego.

ReputationRep:
    From GS, i learnt that most employees working for them are experienced hires (75%) and fresh graduates (25%). Also:

http://news.hereisthecity.com/news/b...ews/4711.cntns (old news but its relevant here ) . I dont think there is any restrictions on age especially as far as the Law is concerned, so it only depends on you. If you think your too old then don't bother. If you think your young enough go for it.

ReputationRep:
    One of my fellow graduates is 27; it takes ages to get a degree in Germany, and then he did a masters. And there's a 27 year old intern who's completing a second BA, if he gets an offer he'll start as an analyst.

ReputationRep:
    oh and you're in IB? didn't know that.

ReputationRep:
    I start in a few months.

ReputationRep:
    which desk?

ReputationRep:
    PM if you must know.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.