Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've been plagued with mistakes by my parents which means I won't get anything above the minimum maintenance loan, they sent a letter early last month to say some of the info was wrong for my step father and my mother sent it again but apparently they checked on the 27th and found it was the same thing. I haven't been contacted since then about this and it was only because I decided to call that I was told that there was a mistake and they also needed my mother's earnings which they never originally asked for or so she claims.

My stepfather basically almost never keeps any of his papers, he works irregular hours at minimum wage and then stopped work to do an apprenticeship, I probably earn more than him a week doing part time work at a shop. How am I supposed to support my claim?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    I've been plagued with mistakes by my parents which means I won't get anything above the minimum maintenance loan, they sent a letter early last month to say some of the info was wrong for my step father and my mother sent it again but apparently they checked on the 27th and found it was the same thing. I haven't been contacted since then about this and it was only because I decided to call that I was told that there was a mistake and they also needed my mother's earnings which they never originally asked for or so she claims.

My stepfather basically almost never keeps any of his papers, he works irregular hours at minimum wage and then stopped work to do an apprenticeship, I probably earn more than him a week doing part time work at a shop. How am I supposed to support my claim?
    Can he get a copy of his p60 somehow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Can he get a copy of his p60 somehow?
    His old work says he'd need to write them a letter but as he worked for an agency for it to get to them and then back to him.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    His old work says he'd need to write them a letter but as he worked for an agency for it to get to them and then back to him.
    Does he have any payslips for April at all? Sfe might accept that.
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant

It's hard to answer without knowing your full circumstances

if your applying for the 16/17 AY - he would have to send financial evidence from 14/15 and he can contact HMRC to get something

If student finance told him there was an income variance then he would of been sent a PICEV form and all he has to do is confirm that the figures provided by HMRC can be used

Again it's very hard to answer without knowing what is going on and the situation

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.