The Student Room Group

work experience worries

ok well I am sort of worried I wont have enough work experience - I live right in the middle of east Anglia so theres very very few livestock so far I have - 3 days in a large animal practice (equine) + 2 weeks in a zoo working with the animals (not as a receptionist or shop worker) + 2 weeks in 2 separate small animal vets practices + 3 days in a microbiology lab + a day in an abbatoir + a day in a rescue centre. That's what I have done right now! but between now and the UCAS deadline I have arranged another week in a small animal practice + a week on a farm that has pigs, milking ewes and alpacas + a week on a buffalo farm + another week in the rescue centre then AFTER the UCAS deadline I have a week that is promised in writing to the large animal practice again and 2 weeks lambing bearing in mind my area is this good enough on the work experience front? anyone have any ideas what I have missed or could do more of? which unis would this profile appeal the most too? many thanks JL
Original post by JL124251
ok well I am sort of worried I wont have enough work experience - I live right in the middle of east Anglia so theres very very few livestock so far I have - 3 days in a large animal practice (equine) + 2 weeks in a zoo working with the animals (not as a receptionist or shop worker) + 2 weeks in 2 separate small animal vets practices + 3 days in a microbiology lab + a day in an abbatoir + a day in a rescue centre. That's what I have done right now! but between now and the UCAS deadline I have arranged another week in a small animal practice + a week on a farm that has pigs, milking ewes and alpacas + a week on a buffalo farm + another week in the rescue centre then AFTER the UCAS deadline I have a week that is promised in writing to the large animal practice again and 2 weeks lambing bearing in mind my area is this good enough on the work experience front? anyone have any ideas what I have missed or could do more of? which unis would this profile appeal the most too? many thanks JL

That's a lot of work experience! From what I can see, you have a lot of different work experience opportunities under your belt and varied experience at that. When you're writing about it, you can only write so much. It's more about what you got from the experience and what you learned than how many placements you've done. I don't see how that many different placements can't be enough though. That's 10 before the UCAS deadline and 2 more after, meaning 12 placements in total and I believe 12 weeks and 1 day. You certainly won't have the least, so don't worry about that. I can't say what unis this will appeal to in particular, but as long as you can write it all up well you've done good.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending