Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    as starting from september I will be living in the Uni accommodations in jesmond road flat B, I was wondering if the flats will be mixed gender or single sex ones?
    thanks a lot to whoever will respond !!!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by sara_z)
    Hi
    as starting from september I will be living in the Uni accommodations in jesmond road flat B, I was wondering if the flats will be mixed gender or single sex ones?
    thanks a lot to whoever will respond !!!
    Hi,

There is usually more demand for mixed gender residences so more flats are set up that way

All the best,

Persephone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Newcastle University)
    Hi,

There is usually more demand for mixed gender residences so more flats are set up that way

All the best,

Persephone
    Thank you very much for your prompt reply. So what you're telling me is that I'll discover what kind of flat I'm in just when I'll arrive there ? can't I just email you with my details and ask you about this matter ? because when I first applied I asked to be allocated a single gender flat but as I said, in my offer letter I didn't see you mentioning it.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by sara_z)
    Thank you very much for your prompt reply. So what you're telling me is that I'll discover what kind of flat I'm in just when I'll arrive there ? can't I just email you with my details and ask you about this matter ? because when I first applied I asked to be allocated a single gender flat but as I said, in my offer letter I didn't see you mentioning it.
    Hi,

That's not what I meant, sorry for any confusion. I thought you were asking about the site generally, not about your own accommodation application.

If you requested single sex accommodation when you applied then you won't be allocated to a mixed gender flat.

If you contact Accommodation Services (make sure you include the full address of the room you've been given) then they can confirm this for you - or let you know if there have been any problems

All the best

Persephone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Newcastle University)
    Hi,

That's not what I meant, sorry for any confusion. I thought you were asking about the site generally, not about your own accommodation application.

If you requested single sex accommodation when you applied then you won't be allocated to a mixed gender flat.

If you contact Accommodation Services (make sure you include the full address of the room you've been given) then they can confirm this for you - or let you know if there have been any problems

All the best

Persephone
    Thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate !! I actually posted this question on the official accommodation facebook page and your colleagues confirmed me that this year flat B in jesmond road will be a female flat

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.