Bill12
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, if I fail my English language and have to do English again at college will I still keep my English lit grade I think you do cos they are separate GCSEs but just wanted more help thx
username1973239
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
GCSE English lit = Government doesn't requite you to get a C. GCSE English lang = C minimum. Both separate GCSEs.
username2253227
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It depends if you did English Language and English Literature separately. If you did do them separately, there's no reason why you shouldn't get your grade in Lit. You will only have to do Language again in college I believe
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Bill12)
Hi, if I fail my English language and have to do English again at college will I still keep my English lit grade I think you do cos they are separate GCSEs but just wanted more help thx
Provided you are not redoing English Lit, your grade will remain. Don't give up hope on passing though! People often do better than they think!
username2088165
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you did English Language and Literature as separate GCSEs and are only redoing English Language, then yes you'd keep your English Literature grade
luciie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
English Language and English Lit are completely separate subjects. If you fail Lang but pass Lit you can still keep your Lit grade

Good luck with your results!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (50)
30.12%
No - I have already returned home (23)
13.86%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (37)
22.29%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (15)
9.04%
No - I live at home during term anyway (41)
24.7%

Watched Threads