Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have become very confused on student finance self employed parent. My dad is self employed it's not his business but his work counts as self employed.
    You know where it says total taxable profit, what does that mean? Do I write the profit he made after the tax/expense or profit of the year ? Please help me because it's driving me nuts
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by mezlimbu)
    Hi, I have become very confused on student finance self employed parent. My dad is self employed it's not his business but his work counts as self employed.
    You know where it says total taxable profit, what does that mean? Do I write the profit he made after the tax/expense or profit of the year ? Please help me because it's driving me nuts
    The notes section at the end of the form explains exactly where to find the amounts on a tax return: http://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/1617/ft/s...orm_1617_d.pdf
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by mezlimbu)
    Hi, if you have your dad look at the guidance notes on pages 11/12 in will give you all the details on how to submit the income details. Thanks.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.