The Student Room Group

What are your short and long term career aspirations?

Good morning, folks!

As well you know, we have an entire section on TSR dedicated to the wonderful world of Careers, and there's always lots to discuss about it.

Well, whether you're still a student, or you've been in work for more years than you can count, where do you hope to have progressed to in the next 5 years, and where do you hope to be beyond that? Do you have a plan of how to get there?
Good morning,

My personally want to and will focus on my acting career as I continue life. On top of that I may look into becoming a Special Constable with the met during my free time. We will see how it goes :wink:
Hoping to continue in current accounts admin job for now, whilst keeping an eye for a really attractive Finance Director role to really use my qualifications, but in no hurry.
5 years: going into either first year or second year (depends on if I take a year abroad at uni) of an entry level banking/consulting job.

Further down the line: either move up in the same job (be that in the same company or different companies) or switch out to a different job (private equity, internal strategy, etc). Eventually, when I have enough of a cushion and a decent amount of experience/contacts, start my own company.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by shadowdweller
What are your short and long term career aspirations?

Being a millionaire,...and being a multi-millionaire
Reply 5
Goooood MORNIN' to the BEST family on YouTube
5 years: graduated from uni, in a good job in the career I want to do
10 years: hopefully I'll have saved enough to buy a house
After that, I want to invest more and more in real estate around the world
Hopefully a teacher at a low performing school who will hopefully make kids turn out to be successful, happy adults. It's a big responsibility and hugely rewarding! Pay's pretty good as well
Original post by Princepieman
5 years: going into either first year or second year (depends on if I take a year abroad at uni) of an entry level banking/consulting job.

Further down the line: either move up in the same job (be that in the same company or different companies) or switch out to a different job (private equity, internal strategy, etc). Eventually, when I have enough of a cushion and a decent amount of experience/contacts, start my own company.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow... That is very detailed. I hope your company does really well.

Original post by Sgt.Golden
Good morning,

My personally want to and will focus on my acting career as I continue life. On top of that I may look into becoming a Special Constable with the met during my free time. We will see how it goes :wink:

Wow that seems really exciting. Police officers help so many people and it's nice to give back to society! Hope you become a huge actor one day!
Original post by Trapz99
Goooood MORNIN' to the BEST family on YouTube

A Fousey fan! Yes!
5 years I would like to be making over £250,000 a year before tax (approx £120-140k per year atm)
long term I worked out I need to be making about £20,000 per week not allowing for tax and inflation
I would like to be a legal nurse consultant, hopefuly I will get there.
Original post by futureteach21

Wow that seems really exciting. Police officers help so many people and it's nice to give back to society! Hope you become a huge actor one day!

Thank you! I hope so... :u:I mean I will have to become huge. :biggrin:
They sure do a lot of work. Now, with all the cuts they are getting I am more then sure they will need as much help as possib.e
Graduated last year, found call center work to be boring and got nowhere going for bigger jobs so went back into retail last November and decided to throw myself into it.

Short term goal is to be promoted by the end of 2017, longer term goal is promotion to management 4 years later although i'm tempted to take a year in my promoted role and then move to another firm with a management programme to save a year or two.

In the main, the goal is to gain an annual salary of £30k and purchase a property. From there my investments will secure my financial prosperity.

I'd also consider being elected as a councillor with a move into parliament once i'm into my 40's.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending