Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Right so i am pretty confused right now, ive done one year at uni qmul 15/16 failed my first year got accepted to another uni and course, westminster marketing management 16/17. I had already applied for student finance for my second year before failing obviously. Now that i am changing uni i just made the relevant changes to my second year application which was originally for my second year at qmul but now first year at westminster, instead of cancelling it i just changed the information being the uni the course and what year i will be starting in. Its still in sumbitted status on student finance however one student finance advisior on the phone said i need to complete a co1 form because when i applied originally it was for my second year therefore making me a returning student and i am a new student, didnt really understand this so i phoned again and the other advisor says i dont have to because i changed the information on my account which is faster and quicker. What should i do im so confused
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Boontai)
    Right so i am pretty confused right now, ive done one year at uni qmul 15/16 failed my first year got accepted to another uni and course, westminster marketing management 16/17. I had already applied for student finance for my second year before failing obviously. Now that i am changing uni i just made the relevant changes to my second year application which was originally for my second year at qmul but now first year at westminster, instead of cancelling it i just changed the information being the uni the course and what year i will be starting in. Its still in sumbitted status on student finance however one student finance advisior on the phone said i need to complete a co1 form because when i applied originally it was for my second year therefore making me a returning student and i am a new student, didnt really understand this so i phoned again and the other advisor says i dont have to because i changed the information on my account which is faster and quicker. What should i do im so confused
    Hi, Can i ask what course you studied at QMUL? Are you transferring to Westminster university for 16/17 to continue the same course as you studied at QMUL? If you are changing course & HEP you are required to complete a PN1 form as a new student. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morven SFE)
    Hi, Can i ask what course you studied at QMUL? Are you transferring to Westminster university for 16/17 to continue the same course as you studied at QMUL? If you are changing course & HEP you are required to complete a PN1 form as a new student. Thanks
    No i will be studying a different course starting from year 1. So i need to fill out the pn1 form? Ive applied for student finance for my new course on my current account, however im being told different things. Only applied for tuition loan
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Hi,
    If you have transferred to a new course at a new university without a break in study and haven't withdrawn from the previous course then changing it online was the correct course of action. You would only have to fill in a PN1 if you had withdrawn from the previous course or there was a gap in study.

Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.