The Student Room Group

Bad work ethic

Hi, sorry for this large novel.
I don't really know if this qualifies as a mental health issue, but i've noticed i've hated every single job that i've had, even the one i'm studying for.
I'm not sure if i'm just picking the wrong thing for what interests me, but I'm really sick of having such a bad work ethic.
I'm really not a lazy person, I am quite get up and go, I don't mind doing things for people or going out my way or putting in lots of work to things or revising etc.

But I've worked as a waitress, a bartender, a check out girl, worked in a beauty bar, worked in retail and worked in a pharmacy. I did all of this before starting my degree in nursing. I love university, I don't mind putting in the work or doing extra hours.
My interests are pharmacology, anatomy and physiology, chemistry, biology and learning about different medicines and drugs.

I don't even know if I'm on the right course? I'm studying nursing and I used to study pharmacy. I dunno if I now regret leaving pharmacy due to my interests and I don't think I'm clever enough to study medicine.

I would go on to medicine later on if you can do that? But my main goal is to become and ECP/NP or CNS. I HATED working on the wards and felt very ill after the shifts, I also got in very low moods, but whenever I'm off work, especially in the summer I feel happy, positive and healthy (and I never get bored) -- like a totally different person. I think to myself man i wish i was rich so I could be off forever, (although id still like to help people voluntarily and get a degree if this was the case). But let's be realistic I doubt I'm suddenly gonna win the lottery or come into money, so I don't know how to enjoy working? I know this sounds spoilt but I don't know what I can do. Please help with any advice.
Maybe it isn't the right career for you?

Quick Reply

Latest