Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which Engineering Course? watch

• View Poll Results: Civil or Aerospace Engineering
    Civil Engineering
    0%
    Aerospace Engineering
    100.00%

ReputationRep:
    I have listed out the pros and cons for each, I have done lots of research, but now I want a poll to see which course is more popular.

I am not basing my decision from this poll, it is research to help me make a choice

ReputationRep:
    LOL

The fact that this is a topic of debate for you means you need to bow your head in shame and leave TSR forever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LibertyMan)
    LOL

The fact that this is a topic of debate for you means you need to bow your head in shame and leave TSR forever
    Care to explain why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glib)
    Care to explain why?

VRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMM

I CANT HEAR YOUR QUESTION OVER THE SOUND OF THIS FINE X-15 BOOSTING ITSELF INTO ORBIT

Seriously, study what field of engineering you know you will love. How did you come to choose such two vastly different fields? Do you enjoy them or are you basing it off something you've researched on the internet?

Do you want to be an engineer? There are a lot more civil engineer jobs than aero engineer jobs (I think), but a minority of graduates end up working in the field they have studied in. As an engineer graduate you could work in a financial institution or be a manager (but you need to develop proof of your skills in those fields separately, a degree alone isnt enough these days) so what you study doesn't have that much significance.

What knowledge will be more useful to you personally? What do you want to do in life? Perhaps you can be an investor into aerospace tech companies, so you need to study that stuff. (But not always, you dont need a degree for that. The world is a flexible place.) Which degree will you study better and come out as top dog, ready to destroy any fool who tries to challenge your place? Etc. etc.

So again, how did you end up choosing these two? Just curious.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.