Nowhere at the moment.
ditto

love Katy ***
G4ry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What results dd you get Ickle Katy? And why don't you have anywhere to go?
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
What results dd you get Ickle Katy? And why don't you have anywhere to go?
ACC...and no where accepted me...and im waiting for silly piece of paper before i can enter clearing!

whats your excuse?

love Katy ***

sorry pencil, will delete in 5 mins!!!
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Mine's quite a long story, but if you really want i'll elaborate
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hmm, my own chat thread

Do you want me to elaborate??
ickle_katy
Rep:
?
(Original post by G4ry)
hmm, my own chat thread

Do you want me to elaborate??

yup!

love Katy ***
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Ok here goes, it may take a couple of minutes.
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I was doing Maths, economics and politics and i got BBD in that order.

I had a problem at school with my maths (i didn't have a teacher for about 2 to 3 months before the exam) The school told my first choice which was Leeds about the situation ( Leeds offered me BBB for economics and management studies). And the school said that the university will take into account the maths.

My insurance choice was manchester and they offered me BBC. Anyway, i was 3 marks off a C in maths. I couldn't get through to Leeds on thursday, so i decided to drive up from london. I spoke to head of admissions and he said that they won't take me with BBD because of their "high standards" and that they have people who they are going to reject who have ABC.

The head of admissions told me that if i get my papers re-marked and i get a C (which is only another 3 marks) they will re-consider my application and may offer me a place. They also said if i re-took maths and got a B i'd have a place at leeds. If i re-took maths in december, i'd re-take an economics module and hopefully get an A because i was only 10 marks out of an A.

My insurance choice (manchester) is a problem. Although i was only 3 marks off of a C they don't know that. I phoned them up on thursday and they told me over the phone that i was rejected. My head of 6th form stupidly didn't send them the letter earlier notifying them about the maths problem. I went in on friday and he said he'd phone them and let them know, the head of 6th form was supposed to phone me back this afternoon to let me know what was going on. He didn't. :mad:

So i'm going to phone manchester tomorrow to see what they say, if i have a place or not. I'm going to get some maths papers re-marked to hopefully get a C, and maybe get in to leeds. I don't really want to go to Manchester, the course seems quite boring. So i'm considering taking a year off and hopefully going to Leeds.

Sorry about the long post, hope you read it all.
ickle_katy
Rep:
?
yup i read it all!

thats why i didnt put an insurance down- incase i really really wanted to go to my first choice!

but now i dont have a chance...and it seems kinda dumb that they'll have me on re-sits because i'll still be the same person!!!

im happy going to exeter now...if they'll have me....driving the 4 hour journey there in 5 hours...to go and have a look...

so must sleep now..

keep me posted on how it goes!!

love Katy ***
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
sorry, i made a mistake with the top line :rolleyes:

Good luck with the interview

What course do you want to do?
ickle_katy
Rep:
?
(Original post by G4ry)
What course do you want to do?
maths,statistics and occupational research (i think, i know its OR anyway!)

love Katy ***
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I was offered that course at UMIST although i didn't originally apply for it. I turned it down because the thought of 3 more years of maths made me shudder.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (75)
17.28%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (280)
64.52%
Not yet but I am planning to (21)
4.84%
Not yet but I might (58)
13.36%

Watched Threads