University stationary essentials!Watch this thread
Please help, thanks!!
Student life, in partnership with UEA
If so proceed to section B
Section B: You're good to go.
I love buying stationery so I know how tempting it is to get everything, but if I were you I'd spend your money on getting a few really nice things instead of everything you can think of!
I try and make all my purchasing while stationary. I hate walking round the shops, so use the internet as much as possible, meaning I can be stationary in my desk seat while doing so. I have even bought stationery while stationary.
Hi guys, I'm going to uni next month so what essential stationary would you suggest I'd have to buy as I'm doing Life Sciences at UCL, I'm so excited!!!
Please help, thanks!!
When it comes to university stationary essentials, I'd say they are these:
- A couple of note books/note pads. (One for rough notes and the other for writing notes up on neat).
- A new pack of pens - nice ones!
- A new pack of highlighters (highlighters become your best friends!)
- Plastic folders to put handouts in!
- A ring binder to put the notepads in.
- Maybe a new pencil case if want?
I started university with a lot of this stuff however, by Christmas I'd purchased an iPad Mini for university and note taking and it was the best decision I ever made. Technology in lectures is widely useful!
- One folder/ringbinder per module, with plastic wallets
- Pens, pencils, rulers, rubbers
- Scissors and sellotape - I never actually used these for my uni work, but they're just useful for life in general
- Gluestick and hole puncher - I never actually used these at all this year, but you may find them useful anyway
- If you have savings from part-time work then I would definitely recommend buying a cheap printer before you go - for about £40 you can get one that prints in colour and does double-sided. It will last the whole of your degree, if not longer, and is honestly so convenient to have. The paper is cheap, however ink can be pricey :/
- Cheap notepads
- Don't really need a pencil case - I just put a couple of pens, a pencil and a highlighter in the bottom of my bag - that was all I needed
I bought a massive haul of Oxford notebooks, pens, pencils, highlighters, stabilo pens, sharpies, folders yada yada and by week 2, decided handwriting my notes wasn't the way forward and bought a laptop. I now have loads of stationery I don't need lol
I love stationery so thought it was a no brainer but you just won't know what works best for you until you start
Other than that a pen and some paper will do you. Further than that it's personal preference, do you want a folder to keep work in? several to store different modules separately? coloured pens/highlighters for notes?