Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I get palpatations around once a year, the first time I got was when I was 10, I was sitting down calmy and it happend, then it happend again after a year, and so on..now im 18.

Recently I got palpatations, and it lasted 30 secs, BUT, it came back for another 30secs, and this was weird because as far as im concerned it only happens 'once' to me I dont ever ger palpatations 3 times in a row. Before this I was relaxed eating fruit, homealone, no stress, but I got really worried because the palpatations kept coming back and fourth.

I told somebody afterwards and they said I should have gone to A&E, but I hesitated, I didn't want to make a fuss,

Is this something to worry about?

ReputationRep:
    i dont think theres anyhting to worry about when u get them everynight non stop in bed for no reason and u cant breathe aswell then it gets scary like what i had so if anything just watch what u eat asparteme can cause palpatations so just check ur food

ReputationRep:
    Palpatations... everyone gets them. Well, not everyone. I've had one that lasted a minute or two, I get them every so often, you can notice a pattern when you get them though, in terms of what sets it off... Standing up too fast and getting the classic "flash of white" has set it off once or twice for me when ive been tired.

ReputationRep:
    i get them every-so-often, but not for that long. I dont realy know what means its bad..

ReputationRep:
    I get them, less now than I used to. Mine tend to last for hours on end, and nothing will stop them. As a result, the dr's told me lots about them so I didn't get worried. Mine start because my heart just.. accidentally sends an extra signal, so it has an extra beat, if that makes sense? They're only really a problem if they're lasting days on end, because then it'll tire your heart. The advice they've given me, is that if they last more than 45 minutes go to casualty. Otherwise, just sit quietly. There are a few things they've suggested to try and stop them, such as holding your nose and blowing, like your trying to pop your ears or something. Otherwise it was massaging an artery in your neck... But I think you'd have to be shown that one. And its very uncomfortable. Neither stop mine though....

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.