The Student Room Group

How do I start this?

I am beginning to write my work experience statement to send in immediately in September. I am applying to NHS North Devon and this is the question:
' This is your opportunity to promote yourself. Please identify why would you would like to gain some work experience within a hospital environment in the NHS. What are your career aspirations.' I am currently going into Year 10 and am 14 years old. I have sent them a letter before, but I was too young then. I am struggling on how to start to my reply to this question, I know what to put IN the response, just not how to start it - help?
Original post by SophieS345
I am beginning to write my work experience statement to send in immediately in September. I am applying to NHS North Devon and this is the question:
' This is your opportunity to promote yourself. Please identify why would you would like to gain some work experience within a hospital environment in the NHS. What are your career aspirations.' I am currently going into Year 10 and am 14 years old. I have sent them a letter before, but I was too young then. I am struggling on how to start to my reply to this question, I know what to put IN the response, just not how to start it - help?

My advice is to start, with personal statements or letters like this or anything, with what you want to say and then you can think about the introduction/conclusion if applicable. Personally I wouldn't read too much into it as long as it doesn't sound wrong or too flowery or anything like that, but again write your content first and then think of an introduction that covers the general points in short sentences regarding the topic. Just a starter for 10 :h:
I am writing to you as I should like to apply to you for …how many weeks.. Work Experience during ….the dates…. I am years old and attend …. School, where I amstudying …..(number) subjects altogether and …. extra GCSE subjects. The GCSEexam options I have chosen to take are: …………………………. The rest of the subjectslike Science, Maths and English are compulsory. I am particularly interested in working towardsfurther qualifications and would value the opportunity to work within your ……and find out more about future career opportunities. I am particular passionateabout ….., because I have…. I feel that I could offer a lot within a shortperiod of time and that it would boost my level of understanding as well. I amable to work independently or in a group, offering good communication, teamworking and leadership skills. I am a hardworking student with a positiveattitude and work ethic, also a very committed person in what I dowithin/outside of school. Also, if you do have any questions please do nothesitate to call or email me at: ……. Thank You foryour time.Yours Sincerely…….

Quick Reply

Latest