Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

To infinity... and beyond! Watch

ReputationRep:

So with the release of a certain game called No Man's Sky, which some of you may have heard of, it has got me thinking about space...

Here's a few questions for you guys to think about:

1. Do you think we will achieve space travel and set up a colony on another planet within in the century? What planet (or moon) do you think would be best for a colony?

2. Should we look to travel to space or should we instead focus on the problems on this planet before we inflict damage on other planets?

3. Do you think another intelligent species exists out there? If so, what would be the implications? (be it green men etc etc)

Tell me what you think :evilbanana:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by PugDevil)
    1. Do you think we will achieve space travel and set up a colony on another planet within in the century? What planet (or moon) do you think would be best for a colony?

2. Should we look to travel to space or should we instead focus on the problems on this planet before we inflict damage on other planets?

3. Do you think another intelligent species exists out there? If so, what would be the implications? (be it green men etc etc)

1. Yes we will
    I have faith in our capability to Space Travel :moon:
    Mars :yep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    because The Martian :daydreaming:
    2. Lets multitask, both are just as important as each other imo
    3. I believe there could be implications?
    Well if the first human to speak to them is Donald Trump
    F all our lives shall I just say :lol:

ReputationRep:
    1) Possibly yes
    2) Both but must focus on what we have that is earth.
    3) Yes I do believe there maybe different living beings either in our planet (hidden from our eyes or who are beings of different dimension) or somewhere else.
    LORD knows best.

ReputationRep:
    1.we will definitely set up a station on mars, although the moon is possible.
    2. we can only solve the problems on this planet if we look to space, eg global warming.
    3.obviously, do you know how many stars there are , each of those stars has planets, there are more galaxies than grains of sand on this planet, each of those galaxies has more than 100 billion stars? why do you think they will be green, there may be a planet out there that is exactly like ours(green, able to support life, water), and they may have species that look like us.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by PHD2027)
    1.we will definitely set up a station on mars, although the moon is possible.
    2. we can only solve the problems on this planet if we look to space, eg global warming.
    3.obviously, do you know how many stars there are , each of those stars has planets, there are more galaxies than grains of sand on this planet, each of those galaxies has more than 100 billion stars? why do you think they will be green, there may be a planet out there that is exactly like ours(green, able to support life, water), and they may have species that look like us.
    parallel universe as well?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    parallel universe as well?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :dontknow:
    no
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    no
    thats strange because I just went there and met a RST user who sounds just like you but called DHP7202 :erm:
    how strange :holmes:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :lol: neither but I always like the sound of theories about it XD

ReputationRep:
    The comment about green men was just me joking about the generalisation Don't worry, I fully believe there is other species out there!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.