Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

Okay so I'm pretty worried about whether or not student finance will fund me. I have already studied one year at Uni but I hated the course. It wasnt for me at all and then midway a staff member told me not to continue the course because it's generic and won't get me anywhere (it was just her personal advice to me). I hated the course anyways but then her advice convinced me to change courses.

I am now going to start a foundation course in september and go onto the degree which comes with it from there (the degree is 3 years but 4 years with foundation).

Please can anyone help me? Can anyone tell me if I will be funded by SFE? Thank you.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    If you've just had one year at uni, you'd be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your reply, one more question. Even though the new course I'll be doing will be 4 years? I believe there's some sort of formula that SFE use

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by uk97)
    Hey everyone,

Okay so I'm pretty worried about whether or not student finance will fund me. I have already studied one year at Uni but I hated the course. It wasnt for me at all and then midway a staff member told me not to continue the course because it's generic and won't get me anywhere (it was just her personal advice to me). I hated the course anyways but then her advice convinced me to change courses.

I am now going to start a foundation course in september and go onto the degree which comes with it from there (the degree is 3 years but 4 years with foundation).

Please can anyone help me? Can anyone tell me if I will be funded by SFE? Thank you.
    Hi, yes you can apply for the new course and the formula we use is 4(duration of new course) + 1 (gift year) - any previous study = student entitlement. Your calculation would be 4+1=5-1=4 years remaining. Funding for the new course will be fine. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.