Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

still in love with my best friend, really depressed, help me watch

background
    I was best friends with this girl, a whole year went by I only saw her as a friend. After Christmas I dont know why I started liking her, and feelings grew stronger.

what did I do
    Unsure of my feelings, i distanced my self. She put a lot of effort to get in touch, asking why I was like this.

One day, I am out drinking with my friends, I bump into her. So i test the waters out. I get physical straightaway, we end up kissing and I have my hands up her skirt touching her bum. She says how good looking i am, and how perfect i am, how popular i am. I tell her ill see her around, as my friends and me have a party to hit.

we go out for a drink two weeks later, but this time its very strange. She is very aggressive. For example I tell her im going out for a smoke, she says "your only going out to text someone" Later she says for god knows what reason she invited a guy over and sucked him off. and that she loves him.

I was like wtf, I just walk off.

what happened next
    She text me a lot, I tell her to go away and leave me. I tell her we are better off apart, and she should be with that guy. She says " I dont get why you care so much and it should bother you". I just tell her "never text me again" she says the same thing lolz, then she ends up later that day messaging me something very random about the library.

A month goes without any word.
    but i have seen her look at me in class and at prom and exams. She looks and quickly looks away.

she tries to make me jealous
    I am standing alone before a lecture, just arms crossed, playing with my phone and waiting to go in. She starts talking to this guy, and she brings him right in front of me. So very close, it was like we were in a group of 3, I could reach out and touch either of them. I take a step back. I wonder why they didnt just go straight into the lecture room, no need to come near me, i am out of the way. She then text me later that day "can I call you, im feeling sad" (Like hell you can, I do the usual and dont reply).

the last day of uni, she calls me twice. I dont answer, she texts me asking if i am going on the law social. I still get the odd random text (although less frequent), and she views my snap chat story every time

what should i do
    Its been a long time since that text and call. Ive dated a few girls, had even more one night stands, and had tinder dates too. Ive gotten part time job, so extra money allows me to go out with my friends more, drink more, and play in various sports and actually eat real food. But I still think about her all the time. its been about 12 weeks until ive seen her in person.

and I still cant get over her. Its like no girl matches to her. My friends have pointed out, that ive dated so many more hotter girls than her, but still I like her so much. I also very confused as to what she even wants with me?

ReputationRep:
    Don't do anything and you'll forget about her sooner or later.

ReputationRep:
    She's confused and a fool too.

Like several women, she thought she could play a game with you and that she had you in the palm of her hand. She thought she could bring you in with the jealousy card but it failed badly. Im so glad you didnt give her any attention and ignored her.

She can mess around all these pawn pieces but you are the king chess piece she really wants but has too much pride/ego to go about it the correct way. If I were you I would never give her the time of day again.

What? she can tell you she sucked some guy off, try to blatantly make you jealous in front of your face and think a little "im sad" text will make it better? the world doesnt revolve around her and she needs to learn the hard.

You honestly deserve so much better mate you sound like a genuine guy and she can suck whoever she wants off, flirt with whoever she wants but at the end of the day its NOT you and thats all that matters.

Best of luck and if you need my opinion for anything else feel free to ask. Yes, its a harsh opinion but I tell it how it is with honesty.

ReputationRep:
    Stop trying to get over her. If she has such a strong effect on you then you need to do something positive about it.
    The best thing is to get in contact with her, have a good talk and then sort it from there.

All this playing around etc, has resulted in you both obviously having hurt feelings and neither of you are getting anywhere.
    It's clear how much she adores you. Even though not ideal, her saying she went with another guy was indeed to make you jealous - this is because she thought you weren't that much interested in her, or that you had someone else, especially when you went straight to that party with your friends and didn't meet up with her again until *two weeks* later.

Why act like you're not bothered when you are bothered??!! It's just bringing you pain. There's nothing wrong with being honest and declaring your true feelings to her, incl wanting to be together. You may perceive this to be weak, though on the contrary, it actually is the action of the strong.
    Take control of this situation now.

Listen to the words of "aint to proud to beg" by The Temptations and "when a man loves a woman" by Percy Sledge.
    Wishing you the best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    background
    I was best friends with this girl, a whole year went by I only saw her as a friend. After Christmas I dont know why I started liking her, and feelings grew stronger.

what did I do
    Unsure of my feelings, i distanced my self. She put a lot of effort to get in touch, asking why I was like this.

One day, I am out drinking with my friends, I bump into her. So i test the waters out. I get physical straightaway, we end up kissing and I have my hands up her skirt touching her bum. She says how good looking i am, and how perfect i am, how popular i am. I tell her ill see her around, as my friends and me have a party to hit.

we go out for a drink two weeks later, but this time its very strange. She is very aggressive. For example I tell her im going out for a smoke, she says "your only going out to text someone" Later she says for god knows what reason she invited a guy over and sucked him off. and that she loves him.

what happened next
    She text me a lot, I tell her to go away and leave me. I tell her we are better off apart, and she should be with that guy. She says " I dont get why you care so much and it should bother you". I just tell her "never text me again" she says the same thing lolz, then she ends up later that day messaging me something very random about the library.

but i have seen her look at me in class and at prom and exams. She looks and quickly looks away.

I am standing alone before a lecture, just arms crossed, playing with my phone and waiting to go in. She starts talking to this guy, and she brings him right in front of me. So very close, it was like we were in a group of 3, I could reach out and touch either of them. I take a step back. I wonder why they didnt just go straight into the lecture room, no need to come near me, i am out of the way. She then text me later that day "can I call you, im feeling sad" (Like hell you can, I do the usual and dont reply).

the last day of uni, she calls me twice. I dont answer, she texts me asking if i am going on the law social. I still get the odd random text (although less frequent), and she views my snap chat story every time

what should i do
    Its been a long time since that text and call. Ive dated a few girls, had even more one night stands, and had tinder dates too. Ive gotten part time job, so extra money allows me to go out with my friends more, drink more, and play in various sports and actually eat real food. But I still think about her all the time. its been about 12 weeks until ive seen her in person.

and I still cant get over her. Its like no girl matches to her. My friends have pointed out, that ive dated so many more hotter girls than her, but still I like her so much. I also very confused as to what she even wants with me?

The only way is no contact.

You have to stop being her friend.

There is no inbetween compromise.

talk to her, ask to meet. she is just as confused as you are and it is apparent that you have really strong feelings towards her. be confident and say everything that you want to say, and allow her to speak if she wants to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    background

what did I do

what happened next

what should i do

I think she is having a little psycho moment. She doesn't seem to know what she wants, but it seems she really likes you. I can't say if she is right for you, thats all up to you.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 10, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.