Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm having to catch up cuz, in year 10 I struggled quiet a bit one of my biggest worries being history, I got some really encouraging advice on m last post telling me to keep going which I will try and do but the problem is I'm not sure how to fit things in again, I borrowed a book from school it's just titled Britain 1815-1851 by Dave Martin which I'm trying to get through but it's taking a while. Is this the best approach in order to teach myself there are also revision guides where it's shortened but I couldn't understand them before I read the book which makes me think if I just go by the revision guides I won't have enough information to get me a grade, how should I revise? Has anyone done history or been in this situation I'd appreciate your advice?
    Plus I want to do science based subjects for a level which I need to get into higher for in order to take them (I'm in middle set) should I just scrap history & focus on those?

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering, what exam board are you doing for history? If AQA, what topics are you doing? (or unit forgot what's it called )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daydreamer3)
    Just wondering, what exam board are you doing for history? If AQA, what topics are you doing? (or unit forgot what's it called )
    Ocr crime and punishment and Britain

(Original post by Cornflakes1688)
    Ocr crime and punishment and Britain
    Oh my gosh, I'm in the same situation at the moment and panicking so much. I don't really know anything and I don't know how to go through the whole course over the summer holidays while I cannot find any resources online and we have no book for our course. Someone please help!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherrymartyna)
    Oh my gosh, I'm in the same situation at the moment and panicking so much. I don't really know anything and I don't know how to go through the whole course over the summer holidays while I cannot find any resources online and we have no book for our course. Someone please help!!!
    okay, first things first, try not to panick too much, i did end up understanding the course but not within the time period i would have liked. Ask to 'borrow' a text book over summer. if you're teacher says no, ask a different history teacher. Or ask A different history teacher for help in general, they wont say no. or ask a classmate????

please don't beat yourself up about it. I know exactly how you feel, like your lifes falling apart and everyones is just watching and not caring?

but im sure at least one of these steps will work if not pm me!!!

ReputationRep:
    CGP text books are good.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.