Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was swimming when it happened. Do I need to put a anti infection cream or just a plaster? It doesn't hurt but it looks bad.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by saraxh)
    I was swimming when it happened. Do I need to put a anti infection cream or just a plaster? It doesn't hurt but it looks bad.
    Stick some savlon on it, then put a plaster on to keep it clean i recon

ReputationRep:
    I think you're meant to piss on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    I think you're meant to piss on it.
    Nah that's for shark bites. The more leg you're missing, the more ammonia you need!

(Original post by saraxh)
    Best put some cream on it, just in case. I'm sure you'll be fine, though. After all, sailors used to rub salt into their wounds to disinfect them and there is plenty of that in the sea!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    Nah that's for shark bites. The more leg you're missing, the more ammonia you need!
    Given that a shark-attack is possibly the ultimate cure for a full bladder, that advice may be even less practical than it seems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Platopus)
    Best put some cream on it, just in case. I'm sure you'll be fine, though. After all, sailors used to rub salt into their wounds to disinfect them and there is plenty of that in the sea!
    Thanks I just left it tbh but it looks better now

I thought it was jellyfish stings haha

ReputationRep:
    "Just put a wet paper towel on it," says the primary school teacher.

ReputationRep:
    And that. Tried doing that to some kid at the beach though and his parents went berserk at me!! Apparently there's nothing you can do once they're already dead...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Given that a shark-attack is possibly the ultimate cure for a full bladder, that advice may be even less practical than it seems.
    PRSOM.

(Original post by Platopus)
    I thought it was jellyfish stings haha
    That was the joke :teehee:

(Original post by WoodyMKC)
    And that. Tried doing that to some kid at the beach though and his parents went berserk at me!! Apparently there's nothing you can do once they're already dead...
    You try to do your best, but someone always puts you down. There's no helping some people.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 12, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.