Nitajadeja12
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello! I would love to know how you achieved that as I also received a third. I was so disappointed but would really appreciate your guidance
Sbid
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
HiI also have a 3rd but after years of thinking I couldn't get in. I googled teaching and got the dfe site for teaching and rang them they were fabulous. And advised that I try the teaching alliances. I rang bromsgrove teaching alliance who checked with newmans if they were willing to accept me. They said yes as long as I had honours and 360 credits. Which I have. They were so good. Lovely school I got an Interview and they offered me two out of my three options as I picked same teaching alliance but dif schools. The interview I read a story to year 1 children then had an interview with headteacher and newman rep. I have stl 2 also as well as TEFL and am a governor and beaver leader all this helped. As they wanted experience and passion to teach not just a first Hope that helps and all the best
Mariac34
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi englishpetal what was required of you at the interview that you managed to wow them with may I ask?? I'm in my final year and sadly think I might end up with a 3rd. I have a couple of interviews coming up, but I am super nervous now and unsure if I'm completely wasting my time.
Many Thanks[/quote]
Sbid
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Mariac34)
Hi englishpetal what was required of you at the interview that you managed to wow them with may I ask?? I'm in my final year and sadly think I might end up with a 3rd. I have a couple of interviews coming up, but I am super nervous now and unsure if I'm completely wasting my time.
Many Thanks
They ask why you want to teach .... answered you want to make a difference, passion to see children thrive look after the holistic child view
Also had to plan a lesson which was presented in front of group
What you think current issues affecting education are
Funding cuts , inequality ,pshe issues
Ruzyy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Please state how and which university? I am struggling to find a way into teaching.
Kumaa1995
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Ruzyy)
Please state how and which university? I am struggling to find a way into teaching.
If you achieved a third class degree, then it wouldn't stop you from applying to a university, but it would require them effectively making an exception which depends on a wide variety of factors, be it previous experience and such, so your application would be considered on an individual basis.

I believe some universities do offer a Professional Graduate Certificate in Education on just the requirement that you must have obtained a degree. I believe Glyndwr offers this, not entirely sure about others though.

Additionally, if you're struggling you can look at doing a Master's degree, which would make you more appealing. London Metropolitan does at the very least state this:
If you hold a third class degree, you may still be considered, particularly if this qualification is supported by a completed Master's degree or relevant work experience.
Aside from these, you can look into becoming a Teaching Assistant, this will gain you exposure in the education environment from the perspective of the educator, which can help you not only when you apply for a PGCE, but equally can help set the path for you doing cover supervisor work, which I believe you can get through an agency. That being said it may be worth getting in touch with some recruitment agencies also to see what opportunities are available to you. But I think if you're able to get some work in be it voluntarily or otherwise then it'd seriously help in your PGCE application.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (170)
41.87%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (60)
14.78%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (168)
41.38%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (8)
1.97%

Watched Threads