Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I know a personal statement is meant to be 4000 characters (including spaces) and 47 lines, mine is 4030 characters and 46 lines. Is this acceptable? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Copy and paste it in ucas and that decides as it cuts off words once at limit. I'd say it's too much as ucas is shorter than word and in reality is more like 3800 characters from what I remember.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by KatieCAsh81)
    I know a personal statement is meant to be 4000 characters (including spaces) and 47 lines, mine is 4030 characters and 46 lines. Is this acceptable? Thanks
    Afaik, it's whichever comes first - so either 4000 characters or the 47 lines. So in this instance, it wouldn't be acceptable as you've gone over the character limit.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Not to mention, the lines in UCAS are different to Word - 47 lines (and with recommended line breaks between paragraphs) is roughly 3200-3600 characters
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by *Interrobang*)
    Not to mention, the lines in UCAS are different to Word - 47 lines (and with recommended line breaks between paragraphs) is roughly 3200-3600 characters
    PRSOM :sad:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.