The Student Room Group

Just giving up now...

I know that it's not all guys but...
I am now giving up on relationships. It's just that every guy I've been with seems to take me for a mug! Especially the ones at home! It hurts! Especially when you are nothing but a stupid dare for a laugh! I don't understand why they do it but they do! I've had enough!

Sorry but needed to get that out of my system.
You need to look at yourself to see why you keep having repeated failures when it comes to dating. If you keep falling for the wrong guys, then that is your problem.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sorry you are hurt and I hope you can find happiness with someone, but more often than not men/women who find themselves frustrated with the type of people they are dating neglect to look within to find out why they find those type of people attractive.
Reply 2
There are people in worse situations dear, get a hold of yourself.
I agree with all that you say.
However, I have to add that there are a minority of men who are superb actors. These people are able to perceive themselves as true gentlemens and then end up being d*cks. My friend has currently been 'fu*ked and chucked'
He wooed the hell out of her , told her he loved her, took her on dates etc etc . She hasn't heard a word from him after they slept together (after dating several times) and has admitted to his friend that he said what he said and dated her so he could sleep with her.
These are not your problem. They are also a minority.

The ones you know are d*cks but you still go ahead with them, I'm afraid that's all you.
Good *to get it out of your system you will much better. After that, try and work out why this keeps happening. *What kind of things are happening to you?

*You should see how you can break this vicious circle. Not all guys are bad and maybe right now you are just attracting the wrong 'uns.*

Good luck and try and cheer up. *
Reply 5
Original post by Bham369
It hurts! .

Are you talking about sex? :colone:
Original post by natalie427
However, I have to add that there are a minority of men who are superb actors. These people are able to perceive themselves as true gentlemens and then end up being d*cks. My friend has currently been 'fu*ked and chucked'
He wooed the hell out of her , told her he loved her, took her on dates etc etc . She hasn't heard a word from him after they slept together (after dating several times) and has admitted to his friend that he said what he said and dated her so he could sleep with her.

The ones you know are d*cks but you still go ahead with them, I'm afraid that's all you.

I obviously don't know the individuals involved in the scenario you described, but I have found more often than not that these type of men can be spotted from a mile away. They possess similar characteristics, and their apparent "confidence" is usually feigned or confused with arrogance. That said, as you say, some men are very good at being manipulative.
Reply 7
Thanks guys. 😊
Original post by natalie427

a minority? :biggrin:
watch some episodes of Californication
Reply 9
You'll find someone, eventually
so you've come to tsr for advice? HAHAHAHA
Original post by RoyalMarine
a minority? :biggrin:
watch some episodes of Californication

I've never seen it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending