Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone. When I was watching T.V, I decided to cover my left eye and look through it and then did it with the left(for no apparent reason). However, I realised that my right eye sees brighter than the other. The left is less bright but the right seems to have more contrast.

Has this ever happened to you? Everything seems fine when I'm looking through both eyes, but I'm just curious to know why this is.

Eye hope there's an explanation for this and i'm looking forward to seeing your replies. Thanks in advance.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    That was a punny title

and yes that sometimes happens to me

ReputationRep:
    Here's a suggestion: go to the opticians 😐

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenice)
    I decided to cover my left eye and look through it and then did it with the left
    OK. You definitely have an eye problem
    Eye hope there's an explanation for this
    Now I'm confused. Do you really have a problem, or did you just set this whole thing up so you could test that 'eye-I' wordplay on us?

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone. When I was watching T.V, I decided to cover my left eye and look through it and then did it with the left(for no apparent reason). However, I realised that my right eye sees brighter than the other. The left is less bright but the right seems to have more contrast.

Has this ever happened to you? Everything seems fine when I'm looking through both eyes, but I'm just curious to know why this is.

Eye hope there's an explanation for this and i'm looking forward to seeing your replies. Thanks in advance.
    It could be that your right eye is a tiny bit stronger than your left eye. I think it's quite common to have one stronger eye, and it's usually harmless. If you're concerned, it might be worth getting an eye test and mentioning it to an optician, just to be on the safe side, though. Especially as it doesn't take long, is fairly cheap, it's unlikely anyone on here is qualified to say for certain, and it's not worth risking your eye sight.

Also, I quite liked the pun in the title

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kendrik Lamar)
    OK. You definitely have an eye problem

Now I'm confused. Do you really have a problem, or did you just set this whole thing up so you could test that 'eye-I' wordplay on us?
    No. It is a genuine problem. Sorry for making a spectacle of myself and I hope no one lashes out with my wordplay, but lens not make it obvious to everyone.

ReputationRep:
    making a spectacle
    WOW! You're on a roll

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jb1702)
    It could be that your right eye is a tiny bit stronger than your left eye. I think it's quite common to have one stronger eye, and it's usually harmless. If you're concerned, it might be worth getting an eye test and mentioning it to an optician, just to be on the safe side, though. Especially as it doesn't take long, is fairly cheap, it's unlikely anyone on here is qualified to say for certain, and it's not worth risking your eye sight.

Also, I quite liked the pun in the title
    Ah I see.. I will go to the opticians. I'm surprised no one suggested that.

ReputationRep:
    No only bug eyed middle class white girls who cannot stop putting themselves above everyone else. There's nowhere You can hide

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 14, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.