Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, is there anyone that have studied MSc Business Analytics on WBS? How was your thought on the course? Was it practical and satisfactory?

I was offered a placement on the course but I'm kind of conflicted because of the price gap compared with other unis with similar course like Manchester's MSc Business Analytics: Operational Research and Risk Analysis.

Really grateful if anyone can share their experiences or thought about the course in Warwick. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, did you choose that subject in Warwick? How was that? Please give me some advice? I'm also going to study the same subject

ReputationRep:
    Hi

The thing to take into account when it comes to postgraduate study is that there is no regulation on what a university can charge, this is quite apparent with the fees universities like Warwick and Imperial charge for their finance related Masters

Having taken this into account, is it worth spending such a large amount on fees when there’s universities offering a similar course for a cheaper price? In short YES

Majority of the extra amount your paying at Warwick is for two things, Their Name and their industry links, Having a university like Warwick on your CV would differentiate yourself in a world where nearly everyone has a undergraduate degree, and soon come Master degrees will be the norm too. If you look at the information provided by these universities regarding graduate employment rates and the average starting salary for graduates then you’ll understand that the cost is worth while and in the long run the pay off will be worth the initial cost.

Hope this helps(Y)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.