Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Where to buy precious metals in the UK [London]? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Anybody know of any reputable place that sells bullion in London? preferebly after Platinum/Palladium but i'm rather unsure of anywhere that sells it bar Harrods Bank..?

Also does anybody know where it stands on VAT and if it is charged if you can claim it back when leaving the EU?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Napp)
    Anybody know of any reputable place that sells bullion in London? preferebly after Platinum/Palladium but i'm rather unsure of anywhere that sells it bar Harrods Bank..?

Also does anybody know where it stands on VAT and if it is charged if you can claim it back when leaving the EU?
    https://www.bullionbypost.co.uk (although you will pay a premium).

ReputationRep:
    ATS Bullion have a branch in West London. They sell a wide range of authentic gold bullion products, including coins and weighed bricks, ranging from cheap 1g tabs to expensive 1kg blocks.

They offer a bit of platinum on their website, but this is extremely expensive. Might be worth going to the store in person and asking if they have any unlisted smaller cuts.

All their products come with certificates of authenticity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Napp)

you'll get 20% vat as standard on all bullion purchases bar gold (I'll see myself out for that)
    go to Hatton garden and look at used dealers and pawnbrokers and just ask they might have something (I'd recommend prestige pawnbrokers in Hatton garden that's where i do nearly all my out of house stuff like sales and some purchases like bullion coins and scrap gold for casting purposes )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesthehustler)
    you'll get 20% vat as standard on all bullion purchases bar gold (I'll see myself out for that)
    go to Hatton garden and look at used dealers and pawnbrokers and just ask they might have something (I'd recommend prestige pawnbrokers in Hatton garden that's where i do nearly all my out of house stuff like sales and some purchases like bullion coins and scrap gold for casting purposes )
    Being a foreign national i should still be able to claim it back yar?
    Mmmm i had a look but found either the vollume too high/wrong type or being grossly expensive, 40% over the spot price in some! I got fed up and went and bought it from my bank instead :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Napp)
    Being a foreign national i should still be able to claim it back yar?
    Mmmm i had a look but found either the vollume too high/wrong type or being grossly expensive, 40% over the spot price in some! I got fed up and went and bought it from my bank instead :rolleyes:
    I'm not sure i think as i buy all my stuff as a package they just miss the vat and charge it by metal weight
    you'll often find that some are asking way over spot
    I personally just haggle and haggle hard if I'm going somewhere new but I just use those who know me as I rarely need to go hunting for much

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.