Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

As the title says, I feel like I have absolutely no one to talk about my feelings to. I'm so so scared that I'll bottle everything all up and one day just end up doing something very damaging.

My closest friend has been busy all summer with a very intensive study course and I feel that I'm disturbing her every time I want to talk to her, even just casually. All my other so called friends have completely stopped talking to me after they were done using me and my help during exams, and with any effort to talk to them, I get lifeless replies.

That leaves me with no one to talk to. I have no emotional connection to my parents or siblings. They're the type that will make me feel even more awful for feeling this way.

Lately, I'm being driven mad with feelings of hopelessness and worthlessness - I spend so much of my time just curling up into a little ball and crying because I feel so small an inadequate.

I'm so lonely, and I have no one. I guess writing up this post helped

ReputationRep:
    You can talk to me
    What are your hobbies?
    What have you done this summer?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    You can talk to me. And if not me I'm sure other people will be willing to help

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure if you tell your best friend what your situation is, she'll end up talking to you in a proper manner?

But hey, remember we're all here to help you. If you need to have a chat, then feel free to pm me!
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    You are welcome to PM me if you would like. Otherwise, it sucks that you're feeling that way

awww.Don't worry.We are all here for you...
    I 've heard many stories of how ppl just use u for exams and then quit talking to u.I am in my summer holidays and my friends are not talking to me.tbh its going to be a dead 6 week holiday.but u shouldn't worry bc we r here for u

I feel you but you are not alone

Tsr, is a good way of making friends but just be wear who you talk too.

If you want you can Pm me because I have definitely been there.

I also think its beneficial to talk to someone face to face maybe your other relatives.

ReputationRep:
    You ain't alone..I have 1 friend who I see once every 3 months. I sit in my room everyday on my own no-one to talk to... I've had one girlfriend that used me for "stuff" and that was when I was 15 and she was almost 19 i'm 18 now and still no-one to talk to.. hope it gets better for you. Don't do anything stupid though it ain't worth it... everyone says it'll get better, give it time! best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    As everyone else here has said, I'm always around if you want to PM me. That being said, I'm not a real life human, I'm just a bunch of words on a computer screen, and it sounds like you would benefit from some human interaction.

What always helps me is going out to a shop or into town or any place where there are people. Provided you don't suffer from social anxiety, the best way to feel not-useless is to go out and interact with people! Talk to shop attendants, waiters and waitresses (we love being talked to!!!), anyone who seems a little lost, someone buying the same brand of cereal as you, the man who's struggling to park his trolley in the car park, the woman having difficulty reaching the top shelf. Through all these little human interactions, you'll see the impact you have on the people around you. No one is worthless if they've managed to make another person's day better, or brighter, or easier. I don't want to take the attention off of you, but everyone around you is having similar battles.

There was this story of a man who left a suicide note on his kitchen table saying: "I'm going to go and kill myself. If one person smiles at me on my journey to the bridge, I'll turn around and come home". They found his body in the river.

It's a very extreme example, but it shows that the people around you might need the smile you can offer them, the kind word and a bit of small talk. You never know, you could be saving someone's life whilst they remind you of your own place in the world.

ReputationRep:
    There's no need to feel down, you have a whole world of people can you talk to online

Even though it doesn't feel like it right now try and remember that this feeling will go away and you'll have lots of friends in time, so don't worry

There's lots of people here who'll talk to you and understand.

ReputationRep:
    I can really relate to how you feel. Please share your thoughts and feelings here! You've already made so many new friends who want to listen to you and help you! There's been such good advise, but one thing I would add is taking to older people in your life, even if that's people who live in an old age home, because they are often very wise and see things clearer.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the exact same boat and starting to slowly give up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marium'1997)
    I'm in the exact same boat and starting to slowly give up
    Talk to people here, we'll listen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catinsomehat)
    Talk to people here, we'll listen
    Everyone is so nice on this I appreciate it

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 14, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.