Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm starting my Alevels in September. I was wondering if you could answer my questions please.

Bg info:
    (I'm taking Biology, Chemistry, maths and I'm changing physics to physchology/law)
    But I don't think I've passed Biology GCSE because I didn't revise unit 3 when I took the exams (My sixth form requires A's ). But I'm 100% sure I got the grades to do chemsitry and maths.

My questions are:
    I finished writing notes for module 1+2 for chemistry OCR. Should I carry on or start a different subject (maths)?

Do you have any good revision tips for a student who is aiming for top grades in Alevels?

Can good As level grades help ammend low Gcse grades when applying to a university?

Are we supposed to bring our own books/refil pads for school?

Do you think I could take a subject (e.g. physics) if I was off by a grade?

Can I take a subject like law even though I have not done it before (GCSE'S)?

ReputationRep:
    I can help with a few of these Questions.

"Are we supposed to bring our own books/refil pads for school?" - Yes for Sixth Form and College the majority of the time you will have to bring in your own Notepads to write down notes in over the year.

"Do you have any good revision tips for a student who is aiming for top grades in Alevels?" - MAKE SURE YOUR NOTES ARE ORGANISED - This is a main priority throughout the year get yourself a lever folder or something like that to organise notes and make it easier to revise from over the years. Also maybe revise throughout the whole year and slightly increase revision every month so by the time you get to the exams you have covered everything.

"Can good As level grades help ammend low Gcse grades when applying to a university?" - I dont know 100% about this and im sure other people can help but they do look for mainly A levels but like 5 A*'s to C's are often required at Uni.

"Do you think I could take a subject (e.g. physics) if I was off by a grade?" - If you are, when you enrol at your Sixth Form ask them as sometimes they do allow you to take that subject if you were narrowly of and they think you can do it.

"Can I take a subject like law even though I have not done it before (GCSE'S)?" - You will have to look at the course requirements for your Sixth Form, some courses need prior experience and some can just be took even if you have not done it before!

Sorry I cannot answer the first question as i did not do Chemistry and have no experience in that subject much! But Good Luck for your GCSE results and Starting Sixth Form!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.