Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Soz if this has been answered, but I couldn't see it.

Will anywhere have you? If so, is it only the really, really crappy ones?

I'm STRESSSSSSSSSING about this ...

ReputationRep:
    None worth mentioning.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    No, it's true. I wouldn't even bother with the debt as the degree will make you no better off than just simply going for a job.

ReputationRep:
    I honestly don't care too much about future job pay, but ... ya ... I obviously don't wanna pay out that amount of money and get basically nothing in return. Ugh. I've screwed up. Retakes for me, I think.

ReputationRep:
    Take a year out and sit another?

ReputationRep:
    The prestigious London Metripolitan University might make you an offer. Do not hesitate in contacting them. UK's leading university... It's situated in London, the capital of UK. There's even an um ocean view from the university's err window. You will not regret going to this university. Enroll now and get your degree!

O_O Well, it's worth it if you come out with a first honors degree. Anything below that from London Met will be somewhat oppressive to the heart.

ReputationRep:
    Sheffield will accept two A levels and two AS levels.

ReputationRep:
    I got into Goldsmiths with an AVCE Double award (vocational A-level) grade CC. Their normal entry requirements for the course that I applied for (History) are BBB. However, I've not come straight from A-level (I'm 21) and had been doing a 2 year foundation degree elsewhere, so they probably took that into account.

I have an offer from Sheffield for Law which is ABb, one of those being General Studies

If you have geniune reasons as to why you only have two like I did rather than just because you were lazy then you may have a chance at some universities however a lot of them said no but maybe that was because one of my A levels were General Studies.

For some courses some unis accept 2 AS Levels as 1 A Level, KCL does this for some courses as well as Lancaster.

ReputationRep:
    you could perhaps do a foundation course a year before Uni?

My friend is just doing BTEC Business (double award), and has had around 4-5 offers from places such as hertfordshire, east london, suffolk.. although not exactly the most reputable, its something he has his heart set-on.

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer from Cardiff based on one a level

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirstinx)
    I have an offer from Sheffield for Law which is ABb, one of those being General Studies.
    How come the offer was that low? (I mean compared to the typical offer) I've looked at the Sheffield LLB Law requirements and it's AAA.

I don't fully understand why some people seem to get offers considerably lower than the typical entry requirements. Can you tell me your secret? :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toothpastecrazy)
    Soz if this has been answered, but I couldn't see it.

Will anywhere have you? If so, is it only the really, really crappy ones?

I'm STRESSSSSSSSSING about this ...
    What subjects are the A levels? What grades are you predicted/have you got?

What course are you planning on doing?

(Original post by Agamemnon)
    How come the offer was that low? (I mean compared to the typical offer) I've looked at the Sheffield LLB Law requirements and it's AAA.

I don't fully understand why some people seem to get offers considerably lower than the typical entry requirements. Can you tell me your secret? :ninja:
    Because it wasn't my fault I could only do 2 A levels and I done Business Studies in 2 months.

ReputationRep:
    There's basically no point applying to Uni with 2 A Levels - your only chance is to do A Level General Studies and apply somewhere that accepts it (There are some decent ones - Sheffield and Leicester for a start). You could do both AS and A2 General Studies in a year with no work at all, easily.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirstinx)
    Because it wasn't my fault I could only do 2 A levels and I done Business Studies in 2 months.
    Why? Were you working full-time while you were doing them or something? Also, what do you mean you did Business Studies in 2 months?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cage)
    There's basically no point applying to Uni with 2 A Levels - your only chance is to do A Level General Studies and apply somewhere that accepts it (There are some decent ones - Sheffield and Leicester for a start). You could do both AS and A2 General Studies in a year with no work at all, easily.
    There is a point.. I think you should apply anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cage)
    Well, as stated above, I only have 2 A-levels and got an offer from a decent university. Although, as I also said, I had already been in higher education for 2 years before applying, which probably helped my case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akmd)
    Well, as stated above, I only have 2 A-levels and got an offer from a decent university. Although, as I also said, I had already been in higher education for 2 years before applying, which probably helped my case.
    That's why. It's a very different scenario. There is not much point in somebody applying with 2 A Levels and nothing else. They're going to get into a bottom 5 Uni, run up a massive debt and have no hope of getting a graduate job at the end of it. If you can afford to do that out of interest in the subject, good luck, but it would be delusional to believe that employers will take those Unis seriously. It's hard enough to get a graduate job with a degree from a non-Russell group Uni, let alone a rock-bottom place. It would be far better to do General Studies and go to Sheffield or Leicester, or failing that to retake the year. It would make an enormous difference to the places they can go to.

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.