Turn on thread page Beta

nu rave clothes watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    anyone know where i can find some super bright, neon, fluorescent, glowing nu-rave clothes. i have checked ebtm - but they dont have much choice (although their jeans are good) and topshop is getting boring. anyone know any other shops? thanks

ReputationRep:
    Primark are brilliant at the mo for stuff like that!

ReputationRep:
    Charity shops. Plenty of horrendously bright late 80s/early 90s tracksuit tops there. H&M also has some trashy nu-rave-esque graphic print hoodies and things in their blokes section at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    You mean, rave clothes?

"No, Mum, it's okay; I'm going to a nu rave. There are no drugs and moshing on the lawn is strictly prohibited."

Idiot.

ReputationRep:
    oh dear...

ReputationRep:
    You mean, rave clothes?

"No, Mum, it's okay; I'm going to a nu rave. There are no drugs and moshing on the lawn is strictly prohibited."

Idiot.
    just becuase i like the clothes doesnt mean im going to go out and smoke weed and drink till i die. very quick to sterotype

Idiot

EDIT: please dont make this turn into one of those threads criticising other peoples musical tastes and putting them into groups becuase of one preference. i just want some opinions on clothes (i know its not up to me but lets try to keep it at that)

ReputationRep:
    ^^^ lol "smoke weed and drink till i die"? no stereotype there either!

ReputationRep:
    Lol, since when did people smoke weed at raves? Hahahahahahaa!!

ReputationRep:
    E is the rave drunk. K is the nu rave drug. dunno where weed came from :s

NOTE:just because you listen to the music, go to the clubs, doesn't mean you have to take the silly horse tranquilisers kids

ReputationRep:
    K lol well...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    You mean, rave clothes?

Idiot.
    Jesus. Give the lad a break.

Anyways, time for some actual advice.

If you can get to Manchester, go there. The Arndale Topman is going through fluoro gear like there's no tomorrow - plus some good skinny jeans to be picked up there also (Go for the people's market label ones - stretch denim, much better than the shop's own efforts). They're good for starters. Also, the Me+Yu stall on the top floor of Affleck's palace does some good gear also, from print sweaters, t-shirts and hoodies to fluoro-customized retro tracky tops. Also, those dangler necklaces with all manner of plastic trinkets are in abundance if you like that kind of thing.

My personal opinion here, but AVOID Cyberdog like the black death. Don't let those neon slogan tees fool you!

Apart from the usual suspects of good sneaker shops for some eye-catching low-or-hi-top trainers, there's also the boutiques and retro shops to have a nose round too.

As for down south...all I can really recommend would be anything from the Cassetteplaya label http://www.myspace.com/cassetteplaya

Oh, and give SUPER SUPER magazine a read as well for an actually decent (if sometimes ridiculous) look into nu-rave fashion http://www.myspace.com/thesupersuper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucyatthegym)
    Lol, since when did people smoke weed at raves? Hahahahahahaa!!
    Loads smoke it at raves. People do everythin jus for jokes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lazza)
    E is the rave drunk. K is the nu rave drug. dunno where weed came from :s

NOTE:just because you listen to the music, go to the clubs, doesn't mean you have to take the silly horse tranquilisers kids
    Lol, typical tabloid attitude. Ketamine has been used on animals, yes, but what they don't often say is that paramedics and doctors often use it on humans too. I guess that's what happens when you get your information about drugs from Frank or the Daily Mail:cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faith In Chaos)
    Lol, typical tabloid attitude. Ketamine has been used on animals, yes, but what they don't often say is that paramedics and doctors often use it on humans too. I guess that's what happens when you get your information about drugs from Frank or the Daily Mail:cool:

errrr are you actually an arrogant **** or just come across like it on the internet? personally i don't read tabloids (last time i checked the guardian isn't a tabloid, yet they, and the bbc, reference it as a horse tranquiliser. one used as "an animal tranquilliser and as a battlefield anaethestic"). but i do know that ketamine is stolen/bought over the counter from VET hospitals/surgerys for dealers, rather than hospital pharmacys with higher access restrictions.

let's be honest. it's funnier to take the piss out of people taking horse/elephant tranquilliser, than something you get when you go to hospital. oh and i was also trying to deter people from taking it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lazza)
    errrr are you actually an arrogant **** or just come across like it on the internet?
    Lol, sorry, it's just I hate hearing this sort of thing, no offence intended though

personally i don't read tabloids (last time i checked the guardian isn't a tabloid,
    I would agree there
    yet they, and the bbc, reference it as a horse tranquiliser. one used as "an animal tranquilliser and as a battlefield anaethestic"). but i do know that ketamine is stolen/bought over the counter from VET hospitals/surgerys for dealers, rather than hospital pharmacys with higher access restrictions.
    It has been used on animals, but calling it a 'horse tranquiliser' is far from fair when it is actually used on people regularly. But, as you say:
    let's be honest. it's funnier to take the piss out of people taking horse/elephant tranquilliser, than something you get when you go to hospital.
    It might be worth noting that ketamine is one of the cleanest drugs because of the fact that it is usually manufactured in labs and is relatively cheap to make, meaning that it is safer to take than alot of other illegal/ controlled drugs.

I don't think the media should be trying to say what is 'funny', rather they should give good information about drugs to try and minimise the harm people come to when they take them (which lets face it they will).

If you want to deter people from taking something, surely you should know more about it? Not trying to sound arrogant, so sorry if I do.

ReputationRep:
    Nu rave is old rave now. It's had it's day, don't bother.

ReputationRep:
    i have been to ONE new rave/ new wave shindig
    it was fun but they were doing all these things i didnt even know what they were smoking

ReputationRep:
    They were probably smoking their ecstasy pipes? :P

All these fads pass, I think they stem from a constant need for people to categorize themselves into little groups and separate themselves from others.

Anyway, to address the OP, I haven't got a clue! eBay?

ReputationRep:
    I'm semi into this look at the moment,

I just buy bright clothes that will also double up as 'normal indie clothes' if nu- rave passes by quickly!

Which I cant see happening yet really since klaxons, new young pony club , Hadouken are still up and coming are are associated with nu-rave!

and to the average person - not into alot of music and fashion , it hasnt really kicked off at all yet!

ReputationRep:
    ^ not kicked off yet? Even Topshop's over nu rave :rolleyes:

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.