Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,I am a recently graduated MA Social Worker and I recently got offered a 3 month temp job with the Early Help team. Although not a Social Worker role per se I work closely with children centres and social workers. Furthermore, I got an interview for a permanent role with the Local Authority for their paralegal role with. Children Services. But I am a bit confused as to what to do. Quite different roles. I have a Law Degree at undergraduate level. My ultimate goal is to be a Family Court Advisor OR a Social Worker within a Fostering Team. I am not sure which job to take if I am offered the paralegal role.Any thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    Having worked in children's services and dabbled in the Court and care service fields, I would advise the paralegal position and family court advisor career route. Burnout in fostering social work is rife as it is a highly demanding role not assisted by national performance targets, high caseloads and copious red tape surrounding the assessment of foster carers.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.