Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

All of my friends are now in serious relationships whilst im still single and have been for a few years now (i was recently talking to a girl i thought was fantastic but she's sort of blown me off now), because all my friends are in relationships i hardly get an opportunity to go out with them anymore and i feel like this is again reducing my chances of meeting someone. I wouldnt say im bad looking im just above 6 foot tall, blue eyes and im lean and toned a few people have said im a good looking guy but i dont believe it due to having no luck when it comes to women. My friends are all aged between 20 - 23 and im one of the oldest and whilst they are all getting into relationships and still moving in together i still live at home and am starting to feel like i'll never meet someone special. WHat should i do?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    You want to know the secret? You won't meet anyone and get into a relationship with that attitude. Girls generally aren't into negativity and excuses.

So the first thing you want to do is change your attitude. Be more positive. Does it actually matter if you're not in a relationship while all your friends are? It's not some sort of race or competition and it sort of suggests to people that you aren't happy if you're single. Being in a relationship is not some sort of defining factor for a person. To think it is will be a major turn off because it makes you seem clingy.

With that out of the way, lets look at your excuses. You think you have no luck and you think not seeing your mates is affecting your chances of meeting women. Well that's rubbish. Are you putting yourself into situations where you'll actually meet more women? Are you making an effort to date? At the end of the day you are the only one that can do anything. Yeah you're friends can introduce you to people but you still have to put the effort in. At the end of the day dating is your responsibility. Nobody else's.

No to mention, you said you're one of the oldest. So you're in your early to mid 20's right? And you think you'll never meet someone? You're maybe a quarter of the way through your life. Some people don't meet and get married until they're twice your age. Quit being so defeatist.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    All of my friends are now in serious relationships whilst im still single and have been for a few years now (i was recently talking to a girl i thought was fantastic but she's sort of blown me off now), because all my friends are in relationships i hardly get an opportunity to go out with them anymore and i feel like this is again reducing my chances of meeting someone. I wouldnt say im bad looking im just above 6 foot tall, blue eyes and im lean and toned a few people have said im a good looking guy but i dont believe it due to having no luck when it comes to women. My friends are all aged between 20 - 23 and im one of the oldest and whilst they are all getting into relationships and still moving in together i still live at home and am starting to feel like i'll never meet someone special. WHat should i do?
    You should stop feeling like that because it's just not true! :hugs:Do start making more of an effort, ie: go out with ur friends more, make some new friends, maybe resort to dating websites?
    Most of all, don't put yourself down, there is still plenty of time for you to find your girl
    Best wishes,
    Cheese

ReputationRep:
    you need to do a few things

first be positive even when things are bad look at something good within that (negativity is a major turn off)
    don't make excuses go out there even if you go it alone you will find someone you can be more individual on your own (i used to drink sex on the beaches made with blue curacao)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm 21 and single but I have had relationships in the past but anyway I know that to varying reasons I'll still be living at home in 4 years as the last year I plan my trip to Cali for my GG course (and to pick up chicks)

[QUOTE=Acsel;66855838 Are you putting yourself into situations where you'll actually meet more women? Are you making an effort to date?.[/QUOTE]

I'd say I am putting myself in situations to meet women, I go the football and meet women that way, I am in the gym everyday and I go to a sports team in the evenings where women are also there. I also go to night school where the class is mostly women. I also go on a night out once or twice a month and whilst I always get on with women I meet they either dont give me an indication they want a date or say "youre a nice guy but not my type."
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I'd say I am putting myself in situations to meet women, I go the football and meet women that way, I am in the gym everyday and I go to a sports team in the evenings where women are also there. I also go to night school where the class is mostly women. I also go on a night out once or twice a month and whilst I always get on with women I meet they either dont give me an indication they want a date or say "youre a nice guy but not my type."
    I would disagree there, those aren't situations where you're specifically looking to meet women. They're just situations where women may happen to be there. Classes and anything else where the people are generally the same each week aren't going to get you anywhere. Gym is also not really somewhere you're going to meet women. You might but that's not the main focus. Part of the issue here is you're not doing things specifically to meet women. You're just sort of hoping there will be women there that are interested. The women you're meeting are often there for whatever reason they went (sports, classes, etc.) not to meet men. You're trying to treat everyday situations where the women has some other reason to be there as a potential to find someone. Which is good, it might work. But often they won't reciprocate because they aren't actually interested in finding a man. They're interested in the class, or the sport, or the gym, or whatever.

The other issue is you're waiting for an indication they want to date you. You might not get an indication. Just go and ask. If there's someone you like ask if you can take them on a date. Don't wait for them to give you a sign that they want you to ask them.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 11, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.