Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Trying to buy new phone on eBay really big problem. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So I've sold all of my eletricals I no longer use including my current phone. And I have all of the money on my debit card needed for my purchase. But when I come to purchase the phone on eBay, I get this stupid message. I've had it since trying last night. So annoying:

We can't process your payment. Please select a different payment method or check your payment details including your billing address.

Yesterday I took £400 out of my savings and paid it into my bank account. Could there be a 24 hour delay perhaps? ONly it says the money IS available in my bank account...

This is really frustrating because I've been so excited to get this new phone and I've spent a lot of time listing things and posting things in order to get funds. Like I say all of the money IS listing in my bank as available hence the confusion.

(I'm with Santander incase wondering.)

Thanks, really hope someone can help me out!
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by MaterialBoy)
    So I've sold all of my eletricals I no longer use including my current phone. And I have all of the money on my debit card needed for my purchase. But when I come to purchase the phone on eBay, I get this stupid message. I've had it since trying last night. So annoying:

We can't process your payment. Please select a different payment method or check your payment details including your billing address.

Yesterday I took £400 out of my savings and paid it into my bank account. Could there be a 24 hour delay perhaps? ONly it says the money IS available in my bank account...

This is really frustrating because I've been so excited to get this new phone and I've spent a lot of time listing things and posting things in order to get funds. Like I say all of the money IS listing in my bank as available hence the confusion.

(I'm with Santander incase wondering.)

Thanks, really hope someone can help me out!
    If the money is there, are you sure you entered all the details correctly? Are you trying to pay by card or PayPal? If by card, try adding it to PayPal and paying that way. If all else fails, contact your bank and see if they have any answers

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.