Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    Not bad shiny one
    How's you doing?
    Chillin' :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I'm originally from Stirling, so rather than being pushed into the cult of Burberry, I'm a focal point for all ned animosity.

Wait a sec...

Animosity's far too big a word for neds isn't it?

I think you'll find it is too big a word. lol! Though the other day on the bus a ned said independent, I was quite impressed.

ReputationRep:
    Hey there and welcome to the forum
    Where are you from?

Maybe the ned meant to say impediment

ReputationRep:
    Hey there and welcome to the forum
    Where are you from?

Maybe the ned meant to say impediment

lol! never thought of that! Hi, I'm from Glasgow. Where abouts are you from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hellsbells)
    Is it wrong that I think Burberry is quite stylish...?

*slaps self*
    I too think Burberry is quite stylish - but then again I'm talking about the real Burberry - think Kate Moss Burberry adverts and that's what's stylish.

Not the little caps or checked trousers (though Kelly Osbourne looks good in hers) or the head to toe look.

But then again I'm only saying this because I have a Burberry mac from the 1950s and I wear it religiously .

Sorry, this has nothing to do with 5 As at Higher.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently The Strokes were drinking Buckfast whilst on stage at T in the Park. Just thought you might want to know that.

To add my voice to the neddish habits confession, I have always wanted to try Buckfast. I don't even drink that much at all or anything, would just like to try it before I **** it off!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ecossaise)
    I too think Burberry is quite stylish - but then again I'm talking about the real Burberry - think Kate Moss Burberry adverts and that's what's stylish.

Not the little caps or checked trousers (though Kelly Osbourne looks good in hers) or the head to toe look.

But then again I'm only saying this because I have a Burberry mac from the 1950s and I wear it religiously .

Sorry, this has nothing to do with 5 As at Higher.
    I agree - Kate Moss wearing it is stylish, neds wearing it is vomit-inducing.

I don't own any myself though - but I'm sure your mac is nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hellsbells)
    I agree - Kate Moss wearing it is stylish, neds wearing it is vomit-inducing.

I don't own any myself though - but I'm sure your mac is nice
    £36 in a second-hand clothes shop - how delighted was I? I've seen quite a lot of the older stuff that neds wouldn't be seen dead in around the charity shops, it's worth keeping an eye out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ecossaise)
    £36 in a second-hand clothes shop - how delighted was I? I've seen quite a lot of the older stuff that neds wouldn't be seen dead in around the charity shops, it's worth keeping an eye out.
    Cool. Yeah I love browsing in charity shops, especially for books and knick-knacks. I used to volunteer in one - and found out they don't actually clean any of the clothes, just steam them (to make them look ironed).

Lol, we have really gone off on a tangent... oh well!

ReputationRep:
    anyone know of any charity shops in glasgow that have record players just now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj_uk)
    I'm from near Inverness

And my grandma had a very classy Burberry skirt. But personally I think it looks rather minging Sorry ecossaise Purple tyedye all the way!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj_uk)
    I didn't realise you were Scottish?

I'm an honarary Scot

ReputationRep:
    I'm from Leeds, which is pretty much a country of it's own. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    I'm from Leeds, which is pretty much a country of it's own. :rolleyes:
    Leeds! What happened to your football club dude! Shocking state of affairs over the last few years! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    Leeds! What happened to your football club dude! Shocking state of affairs over the last few years! :eek:
    I don't support Leeds, infact I find it funny how the football club is going down the pan.

ReputationRep:
    5As at higher isnt that hard to do provided you put enough effort into it. the reason the percentage is so low is because of the neds and layabouts who do nothing at school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dancin Bill)
    5As at higher isnt that hard to do provided you put enough effort into it. the reason the percentage is so low is because of the neds and layabouts who do nothing at school
    That's not a fair comment, IMO - some people work extremely hard but don't get 5As. Alot also depends on the quality of teaching you get.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dancin Bill)
    Surely that's the whole point - you don't need a massive IQ to get wonderful exam results, but anything you lack in intelligence you have to make up for with some hard-core swotting. So getting 5 A's or the equivalent shows you're either a genius or a very hard worker, both good qualities. Saying it ''isn't that hard'' can be offensive to both sets of people.

On the other hand the neds can be amazing. How is it possible to fail SG Home Ec?! And who the Hell invented the word "contraception"? That's four whole syllables: there was never any chance of the neds understanding it :rolleyes: .

ReputationRep:
    Meow Meow
    I was just wondering whether it was harder to get straight As here or in England.

ReputationRep:
    The amount of snobbery there exists towards chavs (not a term I consider offensive, unlike "ned") never ceases to amaze me. Yes, there are many who are violent or disorderly, but to label everyone who dresses and speaksa certain way as a ned (a word with very specific meaning, lest we forget) is nothing more than blatant prejudice. There are many people in my school who would be considered "neds" by some of you because of the way they dress and perhaps do not succeed in school, but are nevertheless decent, friendly people. To label them as "neds" just because of the actions of a small minority is as bad as making assumptions based on religion, race or sex.

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.