Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Everyone feels worse waiting for their Higher results Acaila - it's perfectly natural. I think the thing is to not worry about worrying and just live with it as it comes.

I can't believe it's three weeks tomorrow - it seems like just yesterday I was finishing the AH French exam. Yikes, it's gone by so fast.

ReputationRep:
    Or just ignore the dates for three weeks
    I'm not too bad actually. It's only when I think about it, and thankfully it's only geography I'm worried about (so when I screw up the others it'll be a surprise )

ReputationRep:
    On average, 2% get 5 A's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ecossaise)
    Everyone feels worse waiting for their Higher results Acaila - it's perfectly natural. I think the thing is to not worry about worrying and just live with it as it comes.

I can't believe it's three weeks tomorrow - it seems like just yesterday I was finishing the AH French exam. Yikes, it's gone by so fast.
    Yeah, waiting for your higher results can be very stressful! You panic alot. Tho' for my AH I am feeling stressed. lol! Just want to know what I got for my AH maths.

Don't worry Acaila, you probably have done far better than you think, even for geography. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    ooh the joys of AH maths I've got all that coming
    What else did you do last year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    ooh the joys of AH maths I've got all that coming
    What else did you do last year?
    You'll love AH maths. I did AH maths and music, and crash higher psychology and R.E. Joyful. What subjects are you going to do next year. Well this year. lol.

ReputationRep:
    I'm incredibly stressed about mine; needed AABB.

For my prelims I got AAAB but for the finals that hasn't happened due to English being **** for my texts, history not even having essays for the sections our school does and being extremely hard, whilst Modern Studies had a question not even covered by us - a question I did. Information Systems all in all was quite fair despite the question far beyond the level of Higher.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Franz Ferdinand)

For my prelims I got AAAB but for the finals that hasn't happened due to English being **** for my texts, history not even having essays for the sections our school does and being extremely hard, whilst Modern Studies had a question not even covered by us - a question I did. Information Systems all in all was quite fair despite the question far beyond the level of Higher.
    You'll be fine. Just don't panic about it, actually don't even think about it. You'll end up doing a lot better than you imagined.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj_uk)
    You'll be fine. Just don't panic about it, actually don't even think about it. You'll end up doing a lot better than you imagined.
    I very much doubt it honey.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Franz Ferdinand)

Was that the question on Foundation Hospitals?

Just remember they look at the overall result across the board - if you found it hard, it's pretty likely most of Scotland will have also, and they'll even up the grades accordingly.

This is what I'm telling myself about AH Modern Studies anyway!

ReputationRep:
    Be positive Franz English is probably easier to appeal on than most because I think people understand you can only do the exam if you get the right questions. You can always appeal

(Original post by Aj_uk)
    You'll love AH maths. I did AH maths and music, and crash higher psychology and R.E. Joyful. What subjects are you going to do next year. Well this year. lol.
    I'm doing AH Maths, Computing and Geography plus Higher Music and Higher Drama.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing AH Maths, Computing and Geography plus Higher Music and Higher Drama.
    AH Geography? :confused: But I got the impression it was your weakest higher - or did the exam just not go to plan? Actually, it's mostly coursework isn't it? Hmm.

AH maths was great - but then I had a fantastic teacher

ReputationRep:
    It was just the exam that was horrible for me. I'm actually supposedly the best in my year for it . But most people seemed to find the exam a lot easier than I did
    AH Geog should be good, only thing is all the senior geog teachers are retiring this year so we've got a young teacher who's never taught it before. So far we've just been counting squares of trees on maps and faffing around on Excel getting confused.

ReputationRep:
    Wow! Are you taking 3 AH's and 2 Highers?

I'm taking 3 AH's next year and I think that will be hard.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I know it's suicidal. But I need the three AHs and promised to take the 2 Highers so I've got to . The Highers are at least in subjects I should be good at.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I know it's suicidal. But I need the three AHs and promised to take the 2 Highers so I've got to . The Highers are at least in subjects I should be good at.
    You could always just not declare the two highers on your UCAS form - the 3 AHs are enough and then you could do the other two without having to worry about grades in offers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magicalsausage)
    You could always just not declare the two highers on your UCAS form - the 3 AHs are enough and then you could do the other two without having to worry about grades in offers.
    I personally think this is good advice - but just to say also as a bit of advice that go into Sixth Year prepared to work very hard on your AHs and concentrate on them first - if you think you can manage extras on from that then, by all means do it. But I think a lot of people will say to you, like me, that AHs are pretty overwhelming - and although it doesn't seem like they necessarily will be at first, by about February/March, it can be exhausting. Try and leave sometime to explore and enjoy your subjects in a bit more depth than what's taught in the classroom - that's what doing the AH courses are all about.

(This is not meant to be an "I know-it-all nagging-type" post by the way - just a bit of an insight from someone who's been there!)

ReputationRep:
    I appreciate the advice. I still think I'm going to declare my Highers though. The thing is they are only music and drama. I should be able to walk an A in music no bother (been working on my performing since February, and got one of the top scores in Scotland for my standard grade listening).
    Drama is done out of school time, but I'm pretty confident of passing the course. 45% of my grade is my acting assessment so hopefully I shouldn't have to do too much in the exam, which is basically a couple of essays on plays which I did easily enough in English. The Highers aren't a worry at all to me, and I just doubted they'd be part of an offer because they're practical subjects.

ReputationRep:
    I appreciate the advice. I still think I'm going to declare my Highers though. The thing is they are only music and drama. I should be able to walk an A in music no bother (been working on my performing since February, and got one of the top scores in Scotland for my standard grade listening).
    Drama is done out of school time, but I'm pretty confident of passing the course. 45% of my grade is my acting assessment so hopefully I shouldn't have to do too much in the exam, which is basically a couple of essays on plays which I did easily enough in English. The Highers aren't a worry at all to me, and I just doubted they'd be part of an offer because they're practical subjects.
    I doubt the two highers will be part of an offer, but also I think even if you didn't want to declare them you might have to. And you can always drop one :rolleyes:

At least you're not doing 4 AH *coughmagicalsausage*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hellsbells)
    I doubt the two highers will be part of an offer, but also I think even if you didn't want to declare them you might have to. And you can always drop one :rolleyes:

At least you're not doing 4 AH *coughmagicalsausage*
    4 Advanced highers would have killed me. I thought two was bad heehee!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.