Turn on thread page Beta
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I believe that statistics on how many people get A's, etc. are available on the SQA website. They're pretty well hidden if memory serves but you can find all sorts of stuff like breakdowns for each subject, by level and even by gender I think. All I remember was that 2 people got 5 A's at AH last year and 25 (myself included ) got 4 A's. Good luck finding it anyone who's interested (it's a PDF if that helps)...!
    Jenn xx

ReputationRep:
    What did you take your AH's in? And which was the hardest?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the link, I always find these stats really interesting. So 245 got AAA last year... I wonder by what factor that compares to A-levels (not that I want to spark another AH vs A-level argument!!!)

EDIT: To answer the question of this thread; in 2003, 1,258 candidates got AAAAA in highers (plus 57 who got 6 As). So, 2.1% of all higher candidates (including those who do a single higher, etc) get 5As, but 12.4% of those sitting 5 highers get straight As. But if I worked it out as a percentage of ALL students, it would be a much lower percentage.

Oh, and the majority were female
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Bilal786)
    What did you take your AH's in? And which was the hardest?
    I did AH maths, applied maths, physics and computing. I found them all pretty much the same in terms of difficulty, but I wasn't terribly interested in the physics (only did it cos most engineering departments require/strongly recommended it) so I guess that was the hardest for me to revise for - just couldn't get myself excited about mechanics and electric fields!
    Jenn xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JennLlama)
    I did AH maths, applied maths, physics and computing. I found them all pretty much the same in terms of difficulty, but I wasn't terribly interested in the physics (only did it cos most engineering departments require/strongly recommended it) so I guess that was the hardest for me to revise for - just couldn't get myself excited about mechanics and electric fields!
    Jenn xx
    Electric fields - how I hated them! :rolleyes:

Which school did you go to btw?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I was in Edinburgh at Mary Erskines bit poncy but good teaching. And yourself?
    Jenn xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JennLlama)
    I was in Edinburgh at Mary Erskines bit poncy but good teaching. And yourself?
    Jenn xx
    Lol, no need to be embarassed! Mary Erskines is actually really near to where I live. I went to Royal High.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.