This discussion is closed.
JennLlama
  • CV Helper
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I believe that statistics on how many people get A's, etc. are available on the SQA website. They're pretty well hidden if memory serves but you can find all sorts of stuff like breakdowns for each subject, by level and even by gender I think. All I remember was that 2 people got 5 A's at AH last year and 25 (myself included ) got 4 A's. Good luck finding it anyone who's interested (it's a PDF if that helps)...!
Jenn xx
Bilal
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
What did you take your AH's in? And which was the hardest?
Hellsbells
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Thanks for the link, I always find these stats really interesting. So 245 got AAA last year... I wonder by what factor that compares to A-levels (not that I want to spark another AH vs A-level argument!!!)

EDIT: To answer the question of this thread; in 2003, 1,258 candidates got AAAAA in highers (plus 57 who got 6 As). So, 2.1% of all higher candidates (including those who do a single higher, etc) get 5As, but 12.4% of those sitting 5 highers get straight As. But if I worked it out as a percentage of ALL students, it would be a much lower percentage.

Oh, and the majority were female
JennLlama
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Bilal786)
What did you take your AH's in? And which was the hardest?
I did AH maths, applied maths, physics and computing. I found them all pretty much the same in terms of difficulty, but I wasn't terribly interested in the physics (only did it cos most engineering departments require/strongly recommended it) so I guess that was the hardest for me to revise for - just couldn't get myself excited about mechanics and electric fields!
Jenn xx
Hellsbells
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by JennLlama)
I did AH maths, applied maths, physics and computing. I found them all pretty much the same in terms of difficulty, but I wasn't terribly interested in the physics (only did it cos most engineering departments require/strongly recommended it) so I guess that was the hardest for me to revise for - just couldn't get myself excited about mechanics and electric fields!
Jenn xx
Electric fields - how I hated them! :rolleyes:

Which school did you go to btw?
JennLlama
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I was in Edinburgh at Mary Erskines bit poncy but good teaching. And yourself?
Jenn xx
Hellsbells
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by JennLlama)
I was in Edinburgh at Mary Erskines bit poncy but good teaching. And yourself?
Jenn xx
Lol, no need to be embarassed! Mary Erskines is actually really near to where I live. I went to Royal High.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your firm and insurance uni choices yet?

Yes (65)
52%
Yes, but I want to swap them (10)
8%
No, but I know who I want to choose (14)
11.2%
No, I still don't know who I want to choose (33)
26.4%
I have decided I don't want to go to uni anymore and will not be choosing (3)
2.4%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed