Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can anyone try to represent a country in a sport? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Say I happen to have citizenship for a very small country and currently we don't have anyone competing in a certain sport, as far as I know nobody really does this sport at all in my country. If I was to rock up as the representative for the country, would I be allowed to just do this?

I have family who are pretty high ranked officials in this country if I can get nepotism on my side, all I need is some paper-work and rock up to some qualifying events right?

There's like 40 years doing shooting, so if I train I can probably be ready for 2024-8?

I mean I'll most likely come dead last but it will be banter right?

ReputationRep:
    Yes you can olympics are meant to inspire you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    Yes you can olympics are meant to inspire you
    Thank you for being that final push, once I am up there on the big screen giving the performance of my life, I will remember you.
    I'll be doing this for TSR!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    Thank you for being that final push, once I am up there on the big screen giving the performance of my life, I will remember you.
    I'll be doing this for TSR!
    We are all going to make it one day, I too will be on the big screen representing TSR but idk what I will be doing yet xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    Say I happen to have citizenship for a very small country and currently we don't have anyone competing in a certain sport, as far as I know nobody really does this sport at all in my country. If I was to rock up as the representative for the country, would I be allowed to just do this?

I have family who are pretty high ranked officials in this country if I can get nepotism on my side, all I need is some paper-work and rock up to some qualifying events right?

There's like 40 years doing shooting, so if I train I can probably be ready for 2024-8?

I mean I'll most likely come dead last but it will be banter right?
    Yes and no.

Yes you can be selected as that country's representative, but no you still have to qualify. Just appearing at the qualifiers isn't enough, you have to earn a spot through performance.

Ever since Eddie "The Eagle" Edwards they've put limits in place and minimum standards (though this doesn't always apply) that you must reach before you can go to the Olympics.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.