Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I noticed the plan for it in 2006, and the official opening times, which was in October.

http://www.nottinghamgoosefair.co.uk/

So does it happen every year, in October?

Looks like a really nice fair to be honest .

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it is every year.
    Its 'ok', although i only go there for the candy floss LOL

ReputationRep:
    Happens every year - went when I was about 8. There has been a bit of crime going on in recent years, but the fair is an interesting piece of history.

ReputationRep:
    If you go to Goose Fair you have to try Mushy Peas with Mint Sauce.

It's wierd thing that non-Nottinghamians don't really understand, but it's traditional, so I still do it.

ReputationRep:
    There are a lot of 'chavs' or what ever you want to call them that do tend to be there 90% of the time due to the location of the thing it self.

If that bothers you then avoid going at night time.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously crime? Hmm, that is a bit of a put off. Still I think I would like to experience as said for its History.

Mushy peas and mint sauce sounds interesting hehe. I will give it a shot . By saying you still do it, does that mean you open up a stall and give it out to people? Can anyone open up a stall?

What are "chavs"? What is wrong with the location that it is in?

ReputationRep:
    I'm from Nottingham, so I went as a child with my parents, and still go now.

Yes there's crime at Goose Fair, but if you use common sense, you'll be fine.

Chavs...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chav

The are where Goose Fair is held, The Forest Recreation Ground, is bordered by 2 of Nottingham less desireable areas, Forest Fields and Hyson Green.

By all means go and have fun, just use a bit of sense and you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Cool =)

Still though, when you all talk about crime, what kind of crime do you mean? Like being mugged? Or ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ..::Allure::..)
    Cool =)

Still though, when you all talk about crime, what kind of crime do you mean? Like being mugged? Or ?
    Not that I've ever experienced any crime when I've been (apart from the criminally high prices they charge...) but I'd imagine it'd be more subtle things such as pickpocketing.

ReputationRep:
    I believe Goose Fair was the largest temporary fair in Europe for a good number of years up until the 90's, i havent been since i was about 12 as its just too rammed and too expensive.

There was a crime issue a few years back with peopel walking around with syringes stabbing people but i think that was just a one off event

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simeon)
    If you go to Goose Fair you have to try Mushy Peas with Mint Sauce.

It's wierd thing that non-Nottinghamians don't really understand, but it's traditional, so I still do it.
    Sim, that's just as bad as chips with gravy!! Bloody northerners...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Regend)
    Sim, that's just as bad as chips with gravy!! Bloody northerners...
    I like chips with gravy... in fact anything with gravy (although sweet and sour chicken with gravy admittedly isn't good) and I'm as southern as they come.

ReputationRep:
    Bloody northerners...
    How dare you!

Midlander through and through.

ReputationRep:
    Anything above the Watford Gap is "North" to me!

ReputationRep:
    Anything above the Watford Gap is "North" to me!
    And anything below is France as far as I'm concerned.

ReputationRep:
    My friend got pissed on at the Goose Fair last year. Some chav literally was just having a piss on people standing in front of him. What the hell is up with some people I'll never know .

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.