The Student Room Group

Biochemistry, Biomedical and Biological Science Applicants 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me how much chemistry is tought in the first year of Biomedical Science. Thanks in advdance!
Original post by yshdihsozn
Hello just wondering how the interview went and how long ish was it since I've also got an interview for Leeds, Hope it went well !😄

Thanks! Mine was a Skype interview so it may have been different, but it was around 25 minutes:smile:
I think it went alright but I'm not sure:tongue:
Reply 402
Is anyone firming/thinking of firming either a conditional or unconditional offer from Birmingham to study biology?
To which courses are you applying?
Biomedical Science

Which universities?
Edinburgh (waiting for decision)
Dundee (received offer)
Strathclyde (waiting for decision)
Glasgow Cali (waiting for decision)
Robert Gordon's (received offer)

Your grades
National 5's AAAABB
Higher ABBBB (English, Maths, Human Biology, Physics and Chemistry)

Predicted Grades for Sixth Year
Higher AA
Advanced Higher BB (Biology and Chemistry)

Has anybody heard back from Edinburgh yet?
Original post by shsh8234
To which courses are you applying?
Biomedical Science

Which universities?
Edinburgh (waiting for decision)
Dundee (received offer)
Strathclyde (waiting for decision)
Glasgow Cali (waiting for decision)
Robert Gordon's (received offer)

Your grades
National 5's AAAABB
Higher ABBBB (English, Maths, Human Biology, Physics and Chemistry)

Predicted Grades for Sixth Year
Higher AA
Advanced Higher BB (Biology and Chemistry)

Has anybody heard back from Edinburgh yet?

I've applied for biomed at Edinburgh too! I sent off my application on 21st November and am yet to hear back
Original post by gracew21
I've applied for biomed at Edinburgh too! I sent off my application on 21st November and am yet to hear back

Aw I'm so glad I've found someone else who has applied for it😂
Original post by shsh8234
Aw I'm so glad I've found someone else who has applied for it😂

Me too! When did you send off your application?

I sent mine away the 28th of October hahah

I also applied to Edinburgh on November the 9th but since I am an EU citizen I am sure that if I get an offer it will be around May lol
Hi! I applied on the 2nd October if I remember correctly, and am still waiting for one more decision. My GCSE grades are 6A*s, 3As, 1B and 1C, and A2 predicted grades are A*AA. I've applied for biochemistry and had offers from Exeter, Kent and Cardiff, and still waiting for York! I know they've given out offers for other subjects I haven't known if there are any for biochemistry??
I have just recieved an offer from Sheffield but it is for the 3year B900 course, but I wanted the B909 course. It is a change of course offer, but do you think I will be able to move onto the four year course?
Original post by amypie2010
Hi! I applied on the 2nd October if I remember correctly, and am still waiting for one more decision. My GCSE grades are 6A*s, 3As, 1B and 1C, and A2 predicted grades are A*AA. I've applied for biochemistry and had offers from Exeter, Kent and Cardiff, and still waiting for York! I know they've given out offers for other subjects I haven't known if there are any for biochemistry??

I'm also still waiting for York! and I've heard a lot of other people say that they're still waiting for them, although I think they did give out some offers sometime during October (but only heard a couple of people say that)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Last night Cardiff gave me an offer for Biomedical Science with a training year! The only uni that hasn't replied yet is Edinburgh but I am pretty satisfied for now anyway! ^_^
Original post by tryrevise
I'm also still waiting for York! and I've heard a lot of other people say that they're still waiting for them, although I think they did give out some offers sometime during October (but only heard a couple of people say that)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I know offers have gone out for other subjects, my friend got one for maths, but haven't heard any for biochem. Where else did you apply? And let me know when you hear, hopefully it's soon! :smile:
Biochemistry

Manchester - interview
Nottingham (Biochemistry and Biological Chemistry) - offer
Warwick - offer
Birmingham - offer
Sheffield (Chemistry with Biological and Medicinal Chemistry MChem) - interview

Predicted: AAB
UCAS submitted: 13th Dec
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Pantego
I just recently graduated from Exeter studying biological and medicinal chemistry. If anyone wants to ask me anything about biosciences at Exeter or the uni in general, feel free to ask here or pm me :smile:

Hi, I have applied to do sports science (msci) at Exeter. I am a triathlete and just wondering what the sports facilities are like? It's too far away to visit for me but I saw the virtual tour and the gym seemed tiny and the pool was very small, is there another close by?
Exeter is the only offer I am waiting on. Thank you! 😊
Anyone else waiting on Exeter and QMUL, they are taking much longer than all of my other university offers.
I've applied for Biomedical Science and Medical Science.

Universities I've applied to;
University of Kent (w/ Placement) - Offer BBB
University of Surrey (w/ Placement) - Offer ABB
University of Warwick - Offer ABB
University of Exeter (w/ Placement) - AAB
Queen Mary, University of London - ABB

EDIT (23/12/16): Received offers from both QMUL, on the 22nd, and Exeter on the 23rd. Now, just a matter of going to applicant days and asking previous students about their experiences. The pressure is on.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Epitype
Anyone else waiting on Exeter and QMUL, they are taking much longer than all of my other university offers.

University of Exeter (w/ Placement) - Pending
Queen Mary, University of London - Pending

Yes, I got all my offers apart from Exeter- sent my application 31st October
Original post by sammy2012
Yes, I got all my offers apart from Exeter- sent my application 31st October

Original post by Epitype

University of Exeter (w/ Placement) - Pending
Queen Mary, University of London - Pending

Congrats you guys on the offers you got so far, just thought I'd reassure you that Exeter have been slow in comparison to other places, it's not just you! I sent mine to UCAS in the first week of October and didn't hear back from Exeter until 23rd November so I waited 7 weeks I think... it's nerve-racking having to wait though so I hope you guys hear soon! :smile:
Anyone applied and got an offer from Imperial for biomed? got A*AA in A level biology, chemistry and history and still no offer:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending