Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have signed up at university as a mature student and at university a lady helped me sort finance out. She said I will get my course fee's paid and maintenance loan and adult dependance grant. I will be doing full time study and work and live with my husband who works. We have a rough income of 38000 a year. We have 1 dependant who is 18 and will be at college so an adult dependant. I will be living at home. Will I be entitled to anything? I am sure I wasn't when doing part time through OU, any help would be great.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    HI

We would refer you to our online calculator which can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-calculator

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morven SFE)
    HI

We would refer you to our online calculator which can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-calculator

thanks
    I did that but options on one page is the following, however I live with my husband and adult children.

• Living with parents
    • Not living with parents and studying outside of London
    • Not living with parents and studying in London

ReputationRep:
    I put as living with parents as I noticed partner income on it so hopefully the right option I put 38000 and it says the following, so I will get that amount living at home?

Student financeYou could get per year:Extra student fundingYou could get:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Hi,

When using the calculator you would put that you are not living with parents. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

When using the calculator you would put that you are not living with parents. Thanks
    Okay so I would get the higher amount then?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by diddldonna)
    Okay so I would get the higher amount then?
    Hi,

You would need to select your marital status and that you were living with your partner. As your son is over 18 he is not technically classed as your dependent, unless there was an exceptional reason, such as health or disability.

You would be assessed based on on your husbands income only.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

You would need to select your marital status and that you were living with your partner. As your son is over 18 he is not technically classed as your dependent, unless there was an exceptional reason, such as health or disability.

You would be assessed based on on your husbands income only.

Thanks
    Thank you so much for your response

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.