Turn on thread page Beta

how do i tell her i dont want to be friends anymore? watch

well i began to be friends with this girl towards the end of 11, am now at the end of yr 12. well we got on really really well but in the last 4 months or so ive been finding her sooo irritating and annoying. she is very immature. her maturity has -believe me, gotten worse. she has not got the maturity nor does she have the mentality of even a 6 year old.
    take 3 months ago, she found out someone at 6th form didnt like her. no reason why, the person in question didnt really do anything to her just gave her horrid looks, from a distance. thats all. ok it is nasty, but my friend could have just ignored it, espesh what with being in 6th form, but she didnt. she cried all over the place for weeks on end, sobbing on the 6th form couch, crying to teachers, and eventually she went to the head of 6th form to report this girl disliking her.......which is something she really could have gotten over years ago. the heads of 6th form, found her pathetic obviously and said she was too immature to talk to. she cries all over the place for anything.... we are always arguing cos she is so immature i lose my patience with her cos she doesnt see where she goes wrong.
    she insults people all the time, and is generally very stupid. im sorry if im being harsh but she is so immature. take last week in the 6th form room she was talking about her aunty weeing and pooing her self to me infront of a mass congregation of 6th formers. i ignored it.
    she dumped her boyfriend infront of everyone in 6th form just cos she said it was easier infront of people than in private........
    she always wants the last word and well never lets anything drop.
    she recently told me that she fancies me and has feelings for me but i find this very uncomfortable for she keeps touching me. and having her arm around my waist.

i dont want to upset her cos she is very needy and clingy on me but ive had enough of her. she will cry all over the place...

ive tried distancing myself from her but she comes marching around my house unannounced and pushes past my mum at the door without permission to come into the house and stands there waiting. if am not in she sits on the doorstep till someone comes.

i dont know what to do

ReputationRep:
    What the hell! How annoying! You can either just tell her straight out, be firm that you don't want to see her again, be talking to her....or just slowly cut off contact with her, reduce what you say to her, talk in monosyllables...if she's an attention seeker she will get bored with you eventually and just stop talking to you, pretty soon I would guess.

ReputationRep:
    Tell her what annoys you.

i have told her to stop the certain immature behaviour and well i have distanced myself from her but she wont get the hint. if anything it maked her more clingy on me and well she dropped out of 6th form 2 weeks ago. because iv been distancing myself from her, on friday when i got dropped off by my mum in the car in the school grounds, she was standing there waiting to see me... she said she had woken up at 5 am and came into school for 8 am just to see me, cos she hadnt 'seen me for ages'. she even walked me to my lesson when i told her it wasnt necessary, just so she could see 'my teacher' also. cos she has a little crush on her and misses her. its embarasing.

could anyone help suggest what i could say to her? i know theres no nice way of saying this, but i think its best we go our separate ways cos we are completely different people now, shes gotten even more immature and maybe ive matured.

ReputationRep:
    Well if it was me, and I'd had it completely with her, I would probably be rather rude with her about it, though that's probably due to my personality.
    If i was you, it would have annoyed me too, and I can see where you're coming from.
    I'd keep my distance and ignore her as much as possible, I couldn't hack this.

ReputationRep:
    it seems as though this little girl has a crush on you and i think she acts silly around you because she is nervous. i also think you should tell her straight out but defo dont be nasty about it because shes not doing anything wrong, only like you. you should also find girls around your own age. i know my 13 year old sister hangs around with boys that are far too old for her and she is becoming completley obsessd with them.

she is not a little girl. well she acts like one. we are both 17.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't talk to her at all & I'd keep my distance. Hopefully she'll get the hint from that. If you talk to her, it's possible you may only spur her on.

ReputationRep:
    I say tell her straight up that you can't stand her. There's no point beating around the bush. If you try and avoid her she'll probably become more clingy and wont get the hint judging from what you've already said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    dont see why things , cant be settled eventally (OP) :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    well then she relly does seem imature. maybe you should show her all this, i think she should really have gotten the hint by then, do it soon, you seem annoyed and you might burst at her if she keeps on. lol

ReputationRep:
    I agree with starry on this one, just use your parents as a tool of blocking, make sure they don't answer the door if they know its her, and if she contacts you, blank her. I had a similar situation ages ago, I told her I didn't like her, but she didn't get the drift, so i literally just blanked her. Sure, it was REALLY awkward if I saw her in town, but after she got rejected she disliked me instead, so it worked out!

ReputationRep:
    I feel sorry for this girl. I think you should definitely talk to her, because if you just avoid her, not only will she feel hurt and rejected, but she will carry on making the same mistakes over and over again. Ask to meet her somewhere public, but not too public, such as a local park. Then explain to her that you've become increasingly unhappy with your friendship, and outline the reasons why. Tell her the things she's done which have put her off, in the kind of language which doesn't shy away from the truth, but isn't aggressive or spiteful. For example, say, "I felt really uncomfortable and shocked at the way you chose to break up with your boyfriend in front of people. You may have found it easier, but I thought that was a really cruel thing to do to someone." About the girl who didn't like her, say, "There will always be people in life we don't get on with, and people who don't like us, even if we don't know the reason why. Most people learn to accept this and focus on building friendships with people who do like them. The way you reacted in this situation made a lot of people think you were very immature."

This will be a very hard discussion to have, but in the long run you'll be a much better friend to her (even though you don't want to spend time with her any more) than someone who just decides to start blanking her. Decide in advance exactly the points you want to make, then deliver them as calmly, gently and succinctly as you can. Expect her to be very hurt and angry, and try to avoid getting into an argument with her. It will be difficult, but it might be one of the most important, if bitter, lessons she ever learns.

ReputationRep:
    Op would you like it if a friend of yours didn't want to be friends?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.