Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I dont want to go out or eat or do anything but sleep and listen to sad songs. I've felt like this for like 2 days now :L I forced myself to go out yesterday but it wasn't much fun because of this feeling... idk why i feel like this :sad:

ReputationRep:
    No point saying that on TSR. Most people on here are ****s who'll just reply with something like "Ugh, I hate it when people use the word 'depressed' in the wrong way" or "what a rubbish example of the word 'depressed' this is" etc.

ReputationRep:
    Welcome to the club.

And is there anything that happened 2 days ago? Or is there a particular thought that entered your mind?
    Also, do you have depression or is this a one-off?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Electrospective)
    Welcome to the club.

And is there anything that happened 2 days ago? Or is there a particular thought that entered your mind?
    Also, do you have depression or is this a one-off?
    Yeah something happened but I don't think it should have effected me this much :sad: And yeah I have depression but I was getting better and hadn't felt anything for months. Don't see my therapist till next week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluemadhatter)
    Yeah something happened but I don't think it should have effected me this much :sad: And yeah I have depression but I was getting better and hadn't felt anything for months. Don't see my therapist till next week.
    Oh, what was that?
    Well hang on till then, have you tried distractions? Or even doing childish things? Sometimes I just do some colouring and watch some cartoons, it helps me focus on something other than depression.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Hey :hugs:

Really sorry you're feeling like this - I'm going to move this over to Mental Health because the community over there often has so much advice for how you're feeling - I hope that's OK and I really hope you're feeling a bit better soon.

Ethan

ReputationRep:
    Man I know that feel.

ReputationRep:
    Imagine not being depressed in 2016.

ReputationRep:
    I dont want to go out or eat or do anything but sleep and listen to sad songs. I've felt like this for like 2 days now :L I forced myself to go out yesterday but it wasn't much fun because of this feeling... idk why i feel like this :sad:
    Situation with your brother maybe?

ReputationRep:
    Same here..I'm can't exactly say I'm depressed..but I'm quiet sad because of my AS results...and thats exactly what i feel like now... i mean i don't feel like going out..i don't feel like eating ..today my sister forced me to go out with her so i went out with her..but didn't enjoy much..but i still try to cheer myself somehow..by watching something i like...or thinking about something positive in general...and playing with my cute nephew..everything will be fine in the end... The thing that is bothering you now won't be bothering you after some months...you'll be fine eventually ..keep this in mind *Time heals almost everything * and keep going.

http://listverse.com/2016/01/09/10-s...mic-tradition/
    This should cheer you up

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure dark chocolate won't help. Girls why you so depressed. I'm getting 3Ds and I'm all happy. Cuz I know I'm getting my **** together. Get your shot together what's the point of Being depressed.

ReputationRep:
    I have been mildly depressed for years. Luckily I got used to the feeling

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a psychologist but I can give some advice...

With emotions, you really have to feel it and not repress the emotions, otherwise it will be stored as muscle tension. Sometimes I go nuts to release my emotions when I feel *****y, and as a guy, I've learnt that it is OK to feel it and get emotional (although I never do this in front of my dates/girl friend xD).

Surround yourself with people that will give you their full presence. Talk to other people about what you are feeling and release it.

If you need me I am available to help, wither you want me to just listen, or want advice.

Maybe try contacting them to move your meeting to an earlier day. Other organisations may also be able to help you such as mind
    http://www.mind.org.uk

ReputationRep:
    Have you thought of perhaps emailing or calling the Samaritans? They can be good when you need someone to talk to and you can't move up your therapist. Or you can talk to us here?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 13, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.